VCI 400 What latency in traktor
    Tech Wizard

Default VCI 400 What latency in traktor

I read around in the forum, but didn’t find anything specific... I have VCI 400 and my software of choice is still TRAKTOR. I can’t get latency right - it always seems to slow /even in menus browsing, and in action/. I try to choose minimal latency with 128 samples. But no matter what i try - low medium or anything - there is always considerable slowdown of browsing in the menus, and sometimes cracking sounds (at least not that often, but when in the menus, and changing preferences).
    So my question is – what latency should i set or what should I do to get it working stress-free and with minimal latency (I have more or less good laptop – dual core Pentium B9xxx processor 4gb ram, use traktor 2.6.8, previously used the same configuration with a mixtrack and a Numark DJ IO – no problems at all)

Tech Wizard

I managed to sort it out - on the control panel of Vestax - i chose Standart and 256 samples - the latency gets to 9.3 ms i think and there is no cracking sound or considerable slowdown!

Sweet. anything under 10ms is pretty good.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "