Basic connection question: Connecting Korg Volca Keys to Ableton through interface?

Default Basic connection question: Connecting Korg Volca Keys to Ableton through interface?

Hey Guys, it's me again, your local neighbourhood connection dunce.

This time I'm trying to evaluate how I would connect a Korg Volca Keys to my imac through my interface (Focusrite Scarlett 2i2).

How would I go about this? Would it be the one cable from the "headphone" jack of the synth to one of the inputs of my Interface? What cable would I need?

And to be able to pencil in midi notes in Ableton and have them played through the synth? Which cable for these?

I know these are super basic questions, but I would love to be 100% sure before I make the purchase!

Thanks!
    "We think too much and feel too little"
    K B R I D G E

Connect the 1/8" jack out of the Volca to one of the ins on the 2i2. As far as midi (controlling the Volca from your DAW) it doesn't look like the 2i2 has a midi out and the Volca doesnt have USB midi so you would either need an audio interface with midi or get something like this - http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FastlaneUSB/

Disclosure - I don't have either of these units or use Ableton as my DAW but these are universal concepts.