Using kontrol s2 and x1 to control 4 decks in traktor...?
    Tech Wizard

Default Using kontrol s2 and x1 to control 4 decks in traktor...?

Hey there I am in the midst of moving and I am getting rid of my old bulky cdjs and already sold my mixer two weeks ago on here. I still have traktor with a soundcard (dont know if thats relevant) and an x1. I am thinking I want to just get the kontrol s2 instead of the s4 and THEN use the x1 to control the other two sample decks. I had seen something on here or NI website months ago stating this and I was just wondering if it was possible before I spend the money. S2 + x1 + laptop controlling 4 decks would be money hopefully it would just take some mapping or something. Let me know!!!!

Yes they will work seamlessly together. That is my exact workflow, and there is native mappings for the two to compliment each other. There are many other mappings you can find which will allow the two to handle the tasks you want. Im cool with the native mappings myself.
    A&H Xone 62, 2 x X1's, A6, Sony MDR V-700's

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by jayo View Post
    Yes they will work seamlessly together. That is my exact workflow, and there is native mappings for the two to compliment each other. There are many other mappings you can find which will allow the two to handle the tasks you want. Im cool with the native mappings myself.
    Awesome dude that is exactly what I want to hear, keep an eye on your inbox I am going to buy the s2 in the next day or two!!!!

I will contact you about the mappings etc I appreciate the reply to the thread

Just ordered mine.. fired up to get the s2 and x1 side by side.. thanks for the info..

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by wordsinsound View Post
    Just ordered mine.. fired up to get the s2 and x1 side by side.. thanks for the info..
    Yeah dude I get paid friday and I am ordering mine did you get it off of DJTT or where did you order it?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

I used to mix on that setup, this is my take on the matter. http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=199

Tech Wizard

So, to have this setup we don't need an external soundcard, right? i can just use s2 and x1 to control 4 decks?

Tech Wizard

looking for the answer to this^ anyone?
    thinking of picking up an x1 as well, waiting for my s2 to arrive, and Im wondering if i'll need an external soundcard if I want to use both

DJTT Mapping Psycho

No you don't need another soundcard, just an S2 is enough for all the audio you'll ever need, so get the X1.
    There are plenty good S2 and X1 mappings out here that you can use without any problem. so pick one.

Default Where can i find thos mappings for S2 + X1 in Traktor Pro2?

Quote Originally Posted by jayo View Post
    Please can yo tell me where to find those mappings or settings to map the S2 and X1 to work together and control 4 decks...Thanks