[Deep House] New Deep House/Progressive House - Critique Needed
    Tech Wizard

Default New Deep House/Progressive House - Critique Needed

Just started this new song yesterday. I made it with Ableton and used Massive & ANA along with some other vengeance drum packs.

Let me know your guys critique please.

Thanks!
    Last edited by nnbxmusic; 08-22-2014 at 02:29 PM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by nnbxmusic View Post
    Just started this new song yesterday. Let me know your guys critique please. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

The kick is lost in your bass line; work on the EQ for both and attempt to separate them, or try and use a small amount of sidechain compression in order to bring it to the front.

Hats could be brighter, use a HPF to drop the unneeded frequency ranges.

I do like the general groove of the track though the melody is almost too repetitive and interrupted by the unexpected breakdown. The melody after the breakdown is nice and gives it somewhat of a personality.

I would attempt creating a barebones version that is your desired length of the final product in order to get a better idea of how to arrange your phrases.

Tech Wizard

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by WestonParish View Post
    The kick is lost in your bass line; work on the EQ for both and attempt to separate them, or try and use a small amount of sidechain compression in order to bring it to the front.

Hats could be brighter, use a HPF to drop the unneeded frequency ranges.

I do like the general groove of the track though the melody is almost too repetitive and interrupted by the unexpected breakdown. The melody after the breakdown is nice and gives it somewhat of a personality.

I would attempt creating a barebones version that is your desired length of the final product in order to get a better idea of how to arrange your phrases.
    Great feedback and really appreciate the detail. I'm going to work on these comments over the weekend and posted an updated version.

Thanks once again!