Behringer CMD DC-1 Four Deck Control Suggestions
    Tech Convert

Default Behringer CMD DC-1 Four Deck Control Suggestions

Hi all,

I've put together this four deck mapping for use with the MM-1 mixer (https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/3177). I still have a number of buttons available to me though, and I wanted some suggestions as to what people use so I can figure out some other stuff to put in there.

I was thinking of putting a second shift button in, and using the pads for something different. Maybe instant grat fx , or cur points by number.... Just wondering what other people have set up for single trigger pads that could be fun.

Thanks for looking.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey Mathew,

Why not combining cues with effects? You could set a few toggle type FX presets on the upper eight pads and then be able to do some beat juggling on top of the effect.

FX A | FX A | FX B | FX B
    FX A | FX A | FX B | FX B
    Cue1 A | Cue2 A | Cue1 B | Cue2 B
    Cue3 A | Cue4 A | Cue3 B | Cue4 B

Next logical step is mapping encoders to manipulate the parameter of each preset. Now since these are all push encoders, we could easily set this buttons to change a Pad Action (toggle/hold) for each individual preset.

BTW, what music do you play?

Please have a look in to Ninja mapping. Perhaps you can hear some stuff that you might like to have in your mapping. (if any, let me know)

Don't judge the video quality though :P I need to find someone creative to help me by doing great video demo's for new DJTT mappings.

Tech Convert

Holy Crap Stewe. There's SO much going on in that. I really like some of it though.

I play everything from electronica, to deep house, to tech house, to techno to gabba to uk bass to brazilian zouk... etc My favourite dj's are modeselektor because you never quite know what they'll play. I love stuff like this for transfers. Getting from a 90 bpm electronica tune to a 125 tech house tune can be a little... awkward.

The encoders on the DC1 unfortunately aren't push button. I have three more buttons around the top though to play with to make alternative shift buttons. So maybe I could look at setting up four "pages" of mappings and flick between them by hitting the appropriate shift button. Can you go that far with the mappings? So each pad, encoder and button will have four levels?

Eventually... maybe.... I might start with two....

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Ohh, I thought they are the same encoders from a PL-1... Nevermind that.

Setting up four bank modifier is pretty easy though. Please refer to this thread:

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=55271

You can download the concept and try reproducing in to your own mapping!