Master Tempo Adjust - Encoder?

Default Master Tempo Adjust - Encoder?

Title says it all.

Can I assign an endless encoder to adjust the master tempo??? I've got a spare encoder on my MC-1000 (Shift + NAV) and Master Tempo adjust would be perfect for it!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Add In > Master Clock > Set Master Tempo
    controller type = Encoder
    interaction mode = Relative
    encoder mode = probably a 3Fh?
    rotary sensitivity = adjust to your desired setting

Remember that you can use a modifier to create a button which selects your different sensitivities for the tempo encoder.

Thanks Stewe - spot on!

Your note re: a modifier got me thinking. I haven't got any free buttons, but I've mapped 2 encoders to Master Tempo. 1 for course (0.03BPM increments) and 1 for fine (0.01BPM increments).
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Sounds even better! This gaves me idea

Tech Convert

I use one of the Maschine mappings from mappinggenius.com that has a fine master tempo increment bound to the tempo knob on the Maschine by wiggling the knob back and forth, with the Auto Write button just above it as a modifier to decrease tempo.

I love it Great for nicely and smoothly dropping and increasing the pitch, and have been using it to go from sub-100 up to 130 regularly in sets.

Tech Wizard

Hi, How do you set the rotary sensitivity and acceleration to go example 101, 102 ->130, 131, 132, 133 etc...
    thnx in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by yann_ View Post
    Hi, How do you set the rotary sensitivity and acceleration to go example 101, 102 ->130, 131, 132, 133 etc...
    thnx in advance...
    You can not use rotary sensitivity to precisely move by 1 BPM. However you could use the Button type command and map a multiple commands for each round number in that range of BPM. Although... It's pretty complex task.

Than midi link all modifiers and use those modifier states to determine when and where are those button type commands gonna adjust the master clock - almost forgot to mention that you would need another modifier to track the direction that you're twisting the knob.

Tech Wizard

ok that's not something for today
    Then what's the best setting for this at the moment for encoders ?
    I also wanted to use the same stuff but for bpm adjust in the grid section of a deck ...

I didn't say it's gonna be easy setting but that is the first thing that comes to my mind. I'll give this mapping a try though!
    Also, I'd love to hear from someone who could simplify the process and find a way to add this functionality without using some additional software that's sitting in between software and hardware.

Tech Wizard

thnx Wish I knew how to help, but i have not mapped in a year now... and still don't have the latest traktor bible
    anyway my skilllevel ain't mapping ninja so thnx again