Can this be fixed (DJM 909)?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Schalenberg

Default Can this be fixed (DJM 909)?

Bought a pair of CDJs today and the seller threw in a DJM 909 basically free. The unit is mint except for one thing - a prong got stuck in one of the booth outlets (picture attached). I won't be using booth regardless and plan to just sell the damn thing. Any idea if this prong can be removed safely?photo.jpg

Looks like somebody already tried pulling it out....
    I wouldn't try doing it, better go to a service shop. Also check this out, my favorite dj routine

Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

you should be able to replace that RCA jack.. i suspect an easy fix, you might want to open it up and see what the part looks like. Might take a soldering iron, might not. If it's easy to remove see if it's something radio shack has or if it's something you can order from pioneer..

"Threw in" a 909???

You lucky bugger...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Schalenberg

Thanks guys. Passed this pic on to a couple of friends and they said it should be fixable. Yeah, patch! 2 mint condition cdj 850s with original boxes, djm 909, and an odyssey coffin for $1000!

You should be able to open it up and push the broken jack out from the inside. If not it's easy enough to replace a single rca.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Some RCA's plugs have a plastic inners on the tip, and looks like this one has - if thats the case you might be able to fish it out by heating up a slightly hooked paperclip red hot and sticking it straight into the plastic down the center of the jammed pin, give it 30 secs to cool / solidify and then pull it out (along with the broken RCA tip).

managed to save taking apart a set of speakers with that trick

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Some RCA's plugs have a plastic inners on the tip, and looks like this one has - if thats the case you might be able to fish it out by heating up a slightly hooked paperclip red hot and sticking it straight into the plastic down the center of the jammed pin, give it 30 secs to cool / solidify and then pull it out (along with the broken RCA tip).

managed to save taking apart a set of speakers with that trick
    Good to know
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    You should be able to open it up and push the broken jack out from the inside. If not it's easy enough to replace a single rca.
    What he said!

If you're unsure about soldering, it's safe to say that RCA connectors have some of the biggest soldering points you'll find. It's not hard at all

In case you don't want to open it up, but have a steady hand. I once put a tiny little drill bit on a screwdriver and took one out that way. Drill in a few millimeters, pull back, voila.
    Fixing stuff that isn't broken.

Schalenberg

So after calling a couple of repair places, it seems like a bit much just to take a look at the mixer. I'm gonna try and fix it myself tonight with the paperclip method. My only concern, looking at the picture I posted, is the white lining in the rca, which seems to be melted/cracked/I don't even know. If I were to pull the prong out, would that deformation affect the functionality of the rca?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast