In search of a FireWire/USB 6 analog outputs soundcard
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default In search of a FireWire/USB 6 analog outputs soundcard

I'm looking for a FireWire 6 analog outputs and maybe inputs soundcard. It's because I had this routing in my head:
    1. Traktor Deck A
    2. Traktor Deck B
    3. Traktor Deck C
    4. Traktor Deck D
    5. Maschine
    6. Traktor's FX in SEND-mode/Ableton's FX

The Audio 10 only has 5 outputs, so I'm missing one for what I'm planning. Why I want to route FX external? Because I'd like to use the Xone 92's SEND/RETURN option and can have either pre- or post-fader FX!

I stumbled across these ones:

Since I won't be using timecode and never will use that, I don't want the Audio 10. And for Ableton, a dedicated soundcard is good too . Maybe you can help me out? Or give me some advice regarding my desired routing? Or am I just not getting it wright...
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

Bump.

6 outputs isn't really that necessary, 5 (10) are also good.
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

audiofire 4

Tech Mentor

Try the Saffire Pro 24. That should have enough ins/outs for you.

I can't vouch for the 24, but I'm using a Saffire Pro 14 at the moment and I'm loving the quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg5OH View Post
    Kinda sounds like a big hiss then boom boom wacka wacka boom

Thanks for your help, Johnv.

But the Saffire Pro 24 only has 6 line outputs, so that means only three channels in Traktor that can be putted out, right?

Tech Mentor

Ah, thats true. Why exactly are you routing each of the tractor decks to one channel each? You could always route two channel strips for the decks into a bus thus limiting the about of input/outputs you'd need and still having control of each individual channels volume and FX. You'd basically have 3 software channels (or 2 and a bus).
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg5OH View Post
    Kinda sounds like a big hiss then boom boom wacka wacka boom

I just want to have control over 4 decks. I mostly play monotone techno and stuff, experimental, dub techno and from some tracks I tend to only keep the bassline running and then add percussions, hihats etc. from other tracks in the mix, looping and mainly play just 2 tracks, but I must have 4 external decks with EQ.

I can understand that some people will find it overkill, but then I'd like you to listen to sets of for instance Chris Liebing, Speedy J, Richie Hawtin. By doing it right, it can all sound like a controlled chaos where all the tracks together sound really nice.

So I just want to have a 5/6 outputs soundcard, but no Traktor Audio 8/10, because I want to use it for production also.

How about a Motu Ultralite mk3?

Yes, I've been searching for that one also! It's a good FireWire card and definitely another option. But I wanna know if someone has experiences with a FireWire soundcard on Mac OS X with Traktor. How's latency etc.

Tech Mentor

firewire soundcard latency for me is un noticed i use m-audio profire 2626 tho purely as within software routing no external outputs other than h/p and monitors

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast