Question on the Denon SC - 3900
    Tech Mentor

Default Question on the Denon SC - 3900

Hello all,

I am interested in buying a pair of the Denon SC 3900s - I really want to have those nice moving platters! I am a little confused on how they run with Traktor:

Does the .tsi file located on the Denon official website work flawlessly to get them working in Hybrid Midi Mode? I think that this is one of the major selling points of the unit.

Also, will I need a Traktor Scratch license to use them? And how responsive are the moving platters for scratching?

Any help on this topic is greatly appreciated!! Thanks

1. For Hybrid Midi mode you need Traktor Scratch licence.
    2. Define flawlessly? All available buttons on SC3900 mapped? I'm 99% sure. All LED's light up when pressed? Probably. But that's about it. Denon usually does a basic job on their *.tsi files for Traktor. You'll probably want to add something pretty soon.
    Also, there are several user mappings available so don't worry about it.

As for the responsivness, it's just like timecode....because it is timecode. Everything else depends on your laptop/soundcard and how low it can get with latency.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    2. Define flawlessly? All available buttons on SC3900 mapped? I'm 99% sure. All LED's light up when pressed? Probably. But that's about it. Denon usually does a basic job on their *.tsi files for Traktor. You'll probably want to add something pretty soon.
    Also, there are several user mappings available so don't worry about it.
    I'm sure the basic mappings supplied by denon are fine, but there are multiple mappings done by users over on Denon's forums that are probably better than Denon's own mappings. I use a custom mapping created by someone on the forums for my SC2900's and its much better than the default denon one.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    I'm sure the basic mappings supplied by denon are fine, but there are multiple mappings done by users over on Denon's forums that are probably better than Denon's own mappings. I use a custom mapping created by someone on the forums for my SC2900's and its much better than the default denon one.
    This^^

I use a custom sc2900 tsi from the Denon forums and it's fantastic. The responsiveness (in normal midi mode) is excellent, far better than timecode. And it's nice to have all of the deck controls mapped to their relevant Traktor operations. The only downside is not being able to map the LED position indicator, but the 3900 doesn't have one of these anyway so that won't be an issue.

As for the 3900 you will have to experiment and see which mode (hybrid or midi) gets the tightest result- but definitely check out the Denon forums as there are several threads discussing it and the mappings available there are going to be better than the standard Denon ones.
    https://www.facebook.com/ekmobile.entertainment / http://soundcloud.com/dave-eden
    2 Denon SC2900, Denon Dn-x1600, 2 Vestax PDX2000mk2, 2 Technics 1210, Stanton SK6, Gemini SA600mk2, Pio HDJ1500, 2 Synergy CD2000 (antiques)