GOPro and recording set question help. Thank you in advance.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default GOPro and recording set question help. Thank you in advance.

I just brought a GOPro Hero+3 sliver edition. I want to record and stream my DJ sets. Can you please explain on how can I set this up on my macbook pro. Im using CDJ-2000's with a xone db2 and traktor pro.

Tech Mentor

set up the camera and start record.

set up the audio to record however you'd record the set and start recording.

I use the gopro app to remove fish eye and export the files and then bring that into Final Cut Pro to sync the recording to the video and then pull the original audio out of the footage. FCP will sync the audio but I find it's easier to just zoom into the waveforms and line things up manually. From there you export the finished project into whatever format.

Basically first you make the files then you combine them.

Let me know if you have any questions on this, you can check out my youtube page if you want:

https://www.youtube.com/user/teknik12k/videos

Any other programs other then Final cut pro I can use?

Tech Mentor

do you have anything that does audio/video like Ableton or something? I'd have to look into it.

I only use traktor on my macbook pro and the standard apple apps such as garageband.

Tech Mentor

i think imovie works but I've not tried it. I'll play around with it at work tomorrow if I have the time, I'm about to leave for the day and only have Windows at home.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hgonzal214 View Post
    I only use traktor on my macbook pro and the standard apple apps such as garageband.
    Have you ever messed around with iMovie? It's $14.99 and very easy to use.

1a. Record your mix in Traktor
    1b. Record your mix on your GoPro
    2. Import both files into iMovie
    3. Sync the audio from both files
    4. Remove the audio from the video track
    5. Finalize and export the video

If you have not done this before, it's going to take you some time. If you can't handle it, I can do it for you if you provide the audio and video files. PM me if interested.

I have imovie, and thank you for offering to do this for me. But It would help if you can explain the process so I can learn to do it myself. I'm running imovie 10.0.5

Tech Mentor

it's pretty much just like he said. Once you import the files create a project, you'll then be able to drag the audio and video into the lower section of imovie and sync them. I'm not finding the sync audio to video option that FCP has but it's very easy to zoom into a wave form and align the transients when there are breaks in the beat.

try it and let us know what you have trouble with.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hgonzal214 View Post
    I have imovie, and thank you for offering to do this for me. But It would help if you can explain the process so I can learn to do it myself. I'm running imovie 10.0.5
    Me explaining more than I already have will not help you learn to do it yourself. There's not much more to it. I would encourage you to dive in with a 2-minute sample project.

If you have technical questions about iMovie, there are many resources out there. It really is straightforward though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast