Need DJ controller recommendations for my Cubase setup. Please help!

Default Need DJ controller recommendations for my Cubase setup. Please help!

Hello. This is my first post here.

I am looking for a dj controller that I can use to record, for example, scratching on already existing tracks I have on Cubase.

I have a MacBook Pro with two USB outlets. One will need the Cubase dongle so I will only have one USB outlet left.

I also use a M-Audio ProFire 610 which has two mic/line inputs.

I don't need a top-of-the-line controller, just one that will get the job done.

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Moved to Gear Forum.

Tech Mentor

What software will you use? I'm not familliar with controlling cubase with dj controllers, but I've never seen anybody do it.

Well, you'll have to be patient with me. Before this I only recorded acoustic music so this is new to me.

If I have some tracks on my Cubase software which are almost complete. How would I record some scratching on those tracks via a DJ device?

I would probably end up using Serato software in the DJ device because that comes with most devices.

If the DJ device has two balanced outputs, could I just run those into my interface and feed that into Cubase?

I would recommend taking a look at some of the scratching VSTs.

Scratch It from Z3 is free - it's a bit bare-bones, but could be what you're looking for.

With something like that, you probably don't really need a controller at all.

Tech Mentor

That would be a better choice, routing sound from dj software back into Cubase is kind of a pain. It will create latency, introduce noise and will use a lot of grunt from your computer.