CDJ + DJM 900 + MIDI Fighter Question
    Tech Student

Default CDJ + DJM 900 + MIDI Fighter Question

I recently purchased a CDJ 2000 Nexus and a DJM 900 Nexus. I Have a wait a few weeks to get the final CDJ in order to utilize the full setup but in the meantime i was wondering if anybody knew a way that i would be able to DJ only using the one CDJ deck and the mixer and perhaps something else? I have a MIDI Fighter Pro and a Macbook pro if that helps, i just don't know if its possible or what route to go. Ive got the DJing itch and i wanna fulfill it haha thanks in advance for the help!

Tech Guru

What you're inquiring about is "Deck Focus" control. I believe the CDJ2000nxs has built-in Deck Focus controls on the encoder. If you press and hold the encoder, you can use it to select whichever deck you want it to control, and the Traktor GUI will indicate which deck is "in Focus"

Flux-mode-screen-shot.png

The "A" in the upper right corner of this image would light up if Deck A were in focus. Likewise for B, C, and D.

If you want to use the MF Pro, just plug it in and utilize a mapping that is applicable to your workflow. I don't know how you want to use it so I can't comment further.

I assume you know how to route your audio settings for external mixing on the 900--it's super easy.

These are my favorite questions on DJTT. "Hey guys! I just got your dream setup! Can you help me figure out how to use it?"

Just ribbing you, kid. Happy to help

Tech Student

ok ill give that a shot, thanks a lot i really appreciate it!

Tech Mentor

to use the midi fighter, you'll need to plug your macbook into the DJM900 usb port on the top left. you'll need to download the drivers for the DJM900nxs off pioneerdj's website. this will allow you to select the djm900 as a soundcard in whatever software you are using (ableton, traktor etc.), then you just choose which channel you want it to output to

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by E130 View Post
    ok ill give that a shot, thanks a lot i really appreciate it!
    Cool - please report back with your findings!