quit djing to produce? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I worded that terribly. I'm not going sit sit and wait. What I meant was do I start focusing more of my time on producing or do I continue trying to get dj jobs.

Tech Guru

Just focus on both, quite easy to split your time between the two, I manage to have a day job, DJ, produce, run a label, and run two nights.

DJing and listening music will help you with your production, so do both, doesn't have to be a choice.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Quote Originally Posted by shawnyboy998 View Post
    I worded that terribly. I'm not going sit sit and wait. What I meant was do I start focusing more of my time on producing or do I continue trying to get dj jobs.
    I don't get it. I know a lot of people that do both, so why can't you? You make it seem like you spend 16 hours a day looking for a DJ gig and then go to bed.

I work twice a week, go to school 3 times a week, study(homework) 5 days a week, play soccer 3 times a week, go to the gym 3 times a week, DJ once a week, look for gigs once a week, and produce 4 days a week.

Point is, you have plenty of time...

Banned

I'll be honest with the poster, you made a comment about the college DJs who push a button and put you out of work. You don't sound like you have a real desire or the ambition to make it in the music field to be honest. Save yourself a lot of heart ache and choose a field of work that is a little more realistic, I'm sure the military has some kind of job placement field when your service is finished right? There are hundreds of thousands of would be music produces out there working their butts off to achieve their dreams while you're coming up with excuses. Dude, with that attitude you don't have a chance in hell. Sorry.

Besides my phone getting blown up with notifications from people who won't even give me advice besides saying 'why can't u do both' 13 times, I would like a moderator to delete this.
    Last edited by tekki; 09-02-2014 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Nope, won't be deleting yet.

Banned

Buy a music theory book and start studying.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnyboy998 View Post
    Besides my phone getting blown up with notifications from people who won't even give me advice besides saying 'why can't u do both' 13 times, I would like a moderator to delete this.
    Because we're trying to get you to keep trying rather than give up? I think that makes us awesome people... and 13 notifications in an entire day isn't a lot.

Our advice is "do both!" You don't want to? Then quit.
    Last edited by tekki; 09-02-2014 at 01:07 AM.

Ok let me rephrase that then. You guys are giving me a crap ton of tough love. And due to that tough love....I'm 3/4 through my song I created. So thanks to your 'tough love' I am farther in 12hrs then I would be in 3 weeks so Thankyou. Learning anger is the best way to inspire lol

and now you have 6 days to look for a job. See how easy that was?

Why are you angry dude? It's not tough love, we're just saying why do you have to pick one or the other, why can't you do both? and you haven't answered that question yet.

It sounds like you can do both as others have said... although (sorry to say) if DJing was a key source of money for me I wouldn't have moved to an area where I couldn't do it properly...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast