Pioneer in final stages of selling DJ gear unit - Reuters.
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Pioneer in final stages of selling DJ gear unit - Reuters.

Ch-ch-check it out

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0OU01S20140903

DISCUSS

Where will this business unit land? Who will buy it? Will it become a standalone business? Is this Pioneer forecasting the eventual downfall in popularity of DJing in general?

Tech Guru

I had the pleasure to meet the president of Pioneer DJ Latin America, at the launch of the CDJ-2000Nexus in the São Paulo EXPOMUSIC 2012. I came prepared with an iPhone with Rekordbox installed and music analysed, ready to play. I was the only person to come to the Pioneer stand prepared like this. I got very surprised to see that not only the Pioneer staff but also the president weren't able to make everything work!
    Some people might say iPhones + CDJs is not a relevant thing to discuss but it very alarming to see a president of a company not knowing how to make his own product work!
    On that moment I realised that something was very wrong inside Pioneer, and then started to make the jump to DJ-Softwares.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

It is a common thing that Presidents/CEOs of very large corporations such as Pioneer do not know the intricacies of how their products and software work, that is not surprising. The staff that was actually allowed to attend the Expo were most likely not the engineers who coded the software or even DJs, but outward facing representatives that are there to basically whore our the Pioneer brand, again not surprising at all.

Tech Guru

They only rarely let the nerds out to interact with the public at a trade show. I'd be STUNNED if the CEO of any tech company could actually setup and use the tech...but that's not their job. Their job is to interact with the investors and financial markets....and I'd be stunned if any tech nerds could actually do that either.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Tech Guru

What was the point of their turntable then?

Tech Guru

Yeaaa... CEOs are usually business guys, not engineers.

I can't think of many companies that actually have science guys at the top of the firm, Honda is the only one off the top of my head.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Mentor

They are selling to Panasonic (Technics), full circle.

Well... one of the things that already alarmed me, was Karl Detken moving from Pioneer to V-Moda.
    At that point Pioneer lost their main aorta for the DJ division if you ask me.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

woah, the implications to this are pretty huge for the industry

Tech Mentor

place your bets on who buys them. I'm gonna say Beats By Dre (Apple)

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast