Setting up DB2 + X1's

Default Setting up DB2 + X1's

Hey DJTT

Currently I am using a DB2, traktor, and two x1's. The problem I am having is that no matter what the latency is (I've tried maxing it out) i run into problems with the occasional drop out. The Mac is from 2013 and is running Maverick.

Is there anything I can do to get the system to run flawlessly?

Is there anything specific that you're doing which causes the dropouts? What applications do you have running? Have you made sure to quit out of everything? (This shouldn't be a problem, but will help eliminate one symptom)
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Not specifically. Happens more when using computer functions such as browsing through songs with the arrow keys or using the search function. It'll happen occasionally when using the mixer.

Could it be a USB cable problem? Im using the stock cables

What drivers and firmware are you running? There were updates in July that you should be using.

I have no issues running the same DB2 and a pair of X1mk2 but I've got an older Air with USB2.
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

What sound card are you using? The x1 's won't be causing issues so it's more likely your sound card. Are you using the hack to gain scratch control through the DB2 soundcard?
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

As a proud owner of a DB2, I have to say the drivers for the soundcard in that thing are junk (for mac at least). I am now using an external audio interface rather than trying to use the internal DB2. One thing it would do when I tried to use it was make a process which IIRC was "midi server" start eating up like half the processing power. If I killed that process, the audio would perform better but I couldn't use my maschine in midi mode. I could use the x1 though, I think because it does not communicate with traktor over midi and killing the midiserver process means no midi. I tried updating the drivers but basically it just locks up the mixer and pops up a message on the mac about being unable to install and to "contact my dealer"... thanks a lot. I still really enjoy the DB2 but the audio interface is a major downside for me.

I am an happy owner of a Xone db2... I run Traktor and Ableton Live in sync with the db2 soundcard and I have no issues... I have a MacBook Pro 13 late 2011 i7@2,8ghz, 8gb ram, ssd Kingston sata 3...

The key is that you have to find the right driver and firmware, turn off the wifi and Bluetooth when you plug any soundcard, and if you have a MacBook Pro and are using an USB hub, you have to plug the soundcard directly to the Mac in the second USB from the power supply port... Or if you prefer, the first USB that you find from the headphone out... And the two x1s to the usb hub that needs to be powered with a power supply of at least 1 ampere (1,5 or 2 ampere is better)....

Last, but not least use a professional USB cable... Like the Neo oyaide or the Dj TT cables that increase the sound quality and reduce the audio drop outs... I used both and I have no issues...

Quote Originally Posted by Pippo91 View Post
    I am an happy owner of a Xone db2... I run Traktor and Ableton Live in sync with the db2 soundcard and I have no issues... I have a MacBook Pro 13 late 2011 i7@2,8ghz, 8gb ram, ssd Kingston sata 3...

The key is that you have to find the right driver and firmware, turn off the wifi and Bluetooth when you plug any soundcard, and if you have a MacBook Pro and are using an USB hub, you have to plug the soundcard directly to the Mac in the second USB from the power supply port... Or if you prefer, the first USB that you find from the headphone out... And the two x1s to the usb hub that needs to be powered with a power supply of at least 1 ampere (1,5 or 2 ampere is better)....

Last, but not least use a professional USB cable... Like the Neo oyaide or the Dj TT cables that increase the sound quality and reduce the audio drop outs... I used both and I have no issues...
    Find the right driver and firmware ... Yes, I agree with that.

Turn off wifi and bluetooth - nope, I even download tracks from my home ftp server while playing live at my gigs over a 4G internet connection without issues.

Using a hub - DB2 works fine through a hub, and a passive hub at that, and I also run the pair of X1mk2 off it as well. Hell I even run the 4th port on the hub to a CDJ2000NXS ... If I use an F1 as well I'll normally run that off the other USB port.

USB leads - yes I use some from DJTT but I also have plenty from places like Lindy and usbfirewire.com that work just as well ... And increase sound quality, not sure what you're smoking but it's digital and it's a 1 or a 0 passing through ... A USB cable can't increase the sound quality!

Anyhow, mine runs fine with 48k 192 samples, and using the Bit Accurate driver in Traktor.
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

Default my little contribution

Quote Originally Posted by frankle View Post
    Find the right driver and firmware ... Yes, I agree with that.

Turn off wifi and bluetooth - nope, I even download tracks from my home ftp server while playing live at my gigs over a 4G internet connection without issues.

Using a hub - DB2 works fine through a hub, and a passive hub at that, and I also run the pair of X1mk2 off it as well. Hell I even run the 4th port on the hub to a CDJ2000NXS ... If I use an F1 as well I'll normally run that off the other USB port.

USB leads - yes I use some from DJTT but I also have plenty from places like Lindy and usbfirewire.com that work just as well ... And increase sound quality, not sure what you're smoking but it's digital and it's a 1 or a 0 passing through ... A USB cable can't increase the sound quality!

Anyhow, mine runs fine with 48k 192 samples, and using the Bit Accurate driver in Traktor.
    DB2 have a issue with Mac USB 3; on my MB air 13" mid 2012 i plug only the BB2 on the left side usb port (near power) and the powered USB Hub on the right. I run Mountain Lion, and Traktor 2.6.8. I test 2.7.1, is unstable for me.
    Latency isn't perfect, about 20ms at 256, but run fast and stable for me. I think actualy the problem is USB3 and Traktor 2.7 :-(

Sorry for my english, i'm french ;-)