LED Encoder Ring reset help?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default LED Encoder Ring reset help?

So im working on my mapping for my Elektrix Tweaker and im having trouble figuring out how to get my LED rings to reset when i hit a button that is mapped to reset my EQ's. Is there anyway to do this, because i want full LED feedback and getting the actual LED rings to reset(even the blue LED for the push button on the encoders) would be a nice touch. Ive tried setting the MIDI outs of the EQ reset buttons to the LED rings but it didnt work. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You should map the EQ normal out for each knob and probably map an inverted send monitor state to each of the reset buttons, reset will send just on/off information since it's just a button.

Oh thank you. I just tried this and it totally worked. Ive never used the "Send Monitor State" command before on any of my mappings so i didnt know how to use that really, but im glad you suggested it because now they will function so much better! Do you have any in depth links handy on how to use the Send Monitor State command. I watched a video from "the mapping genius" on NI Controllers and he showed a little bit on it, but would like to learn more since im still a bit grey on the subject. Thank you for your help.

So after i mapped the Send Monitor State function to the EQ resets it worked great and everything. But when i went and set up my 5 pages for the other controls im working on when i move the EQ's on either deck sometimes the LED's on the grid will flash real quick. How do i stop this from happening? Do i need to set the modifier conditions for the send monitor state to only work on that 1st page? Whats weird is i dont have any send monitor states mapped to the button grid. Just the 6 i have for the encoders. The Eq resets are mapped to the button grid though along with EQ kill resets on those same buttons for a "2 birds one stone" effect. Do i need to set the conditions on all of those?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyCapz View Post
    Do i need to set the modifier conditions for the send monitor state to only work on that 1st page?
    That is correct. As long as your Monitor command is assigned by a certain modifier state it shouldn't be active in your other pages unless you duplicate them and assign with some new modifier condition.

Awesome thank you Stewe. Will that fix the flashing on the button grid? Its not a big deal i guess, but id like to fix bugs now while its still early.

Bugs such as that are difficult to hunt without looking in to the mapping. You must have been assigned the Monitor State to the encoder CC's instead of the push button Note massages.

Okay yes i have the Send Monitor State attached to the encoders. so you are saying i need to attach them to the push button((the encoder push button, or the button grid buttons?)) as well? And of course set all the modifier conditions. After that everything should be kosher ya?

See what Matias have suggested. You should have them mapped to your EQ Reset buttons, either to you're using grid buttons or you wish to assign knobs for this.

Oh snap. Okay i re mapped them to the reset buttons and the flash is gone. For now maybe. Im just confused as to where and how i should attach the Send Monitor State. Ill catch on though. Trial and error i guess. Thank you for the helps though

And one last question on the EQ stuffs, and its a bit off topic but im trying to do the same on my APC40, because sometimes i like to use that just to mix, it just depends. But Im having trouble getting the LED's to update on the APC40. I have a similar setup with the EQ resets and kills on the APC40 and i would like the LED rings to update when i reset them. I think the issue is that the APC40 rings are set at +8 cc above what the knobs are instead of being the same cc message like the Tweaker. Any ideas on a fix for this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast