Mysteryland bummer ending on a high note
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Mysteryland bummer ending on a high note

Ok, so I had this plan to join two (female) friends on their trip to Mysteryland last sathurday. They said that they wanted me to go with them and I said yes.
    It's a couple of weeks later and I've just had an argument with one of them a week ago. Here I am, a day before the event, bought tickets and everything and neither of them is returning my phone calls to plan where to meet up. So I dig a little deeper and long story short, I had to hear from another friend that they didn't want me to join them! They literally said they said multiple times they didn't want me there and that it (obviously) was my fault.
    Don't worry, there is a happy ending to this story.

So what do I do? I can't just stay home, these tickets are expensive and some of my heroes are coming. I bit the bullet and went all by myself...

And you know what? It was AWESOME!!!

Nobody's whining about wanting to see something that the others don't, nobody's angry if you want to leave a set after 15 minutes and the rest of the people either don't care that you're alone or think you're some kind of badass for daring to go by yourself! There are almost no downsides. The only one I can think of is that it's kind of lame when it's a multiple day event. But then again, you can probably find some guys on the camp site to hang out with.

So if you ever find yourself in a simmilar situation, here's a few tips:
    1. Go anyway, people at festivals are pretty open socially. They don't mind a stranger talking to or dancing with them. DO NOT STAY HOME. That's the worst you can do.
    2. Completely ignore the people who let you down. Flaking out in a way like this is unacceptable to me and they should see that. If I can't trust somebody, they can't be friends with me. Don't harass them, just ignore them.
    3. Have a good time with the people that are there around you. This can mean anything. Joking around, asking them about the artist, or just dancing. The important bit is that you're having a good time by yourself. At this point, you won't even remember the whole letdown.

Just thought I would share. This also means it's not a crime to go somewhere on your own if you can't find anybody to go with you. You are the only person controlling your life.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day.

Victory is YOURS, my friend!

My friends always used to grill me about where I'd been when I used to disappear for hours on end at festivals. But you're absolutely right. You CAN do it on your own and have a blast.

Some of the greatest times I've had at festivals have been when none of my gang wanted to see who I wanted to see (Public Enemy, Sugar Hill Gang, DJ Craze, DJ Marky...).

Fair play to you, mate. You win.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

It's always fun to go alone! When I started clubbing me and my friends would walk into the door together and immediately split up.

when you finally run into each other you then have stories to share.

I've also gone alone many many times. For some reason when you're all alone girls tend to tap you on the shoulder a bit more.

You dutch Scalage?

(Was able to listen to the entire festival from my place.
    )
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

Yes I am. I live in Vlaardingen (near Rotterdam).

Totally agreed, and I find this can also extend to clubbing if there's a night on you can't convince others to go to.

Glad you had fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scalage View Post
    Yes I am. I live in Vlaardingen (near Rotterdam).
    Ik ken de plaats inderdaad. Ik zit echt hemelsbreed 1500meter van het Floriade terrein/Haarlemmermeerse Bos/ ML terrein af in Hoofddorp.

But... we need to go on in English I'm afraid.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Banned

I like to go with friends but we all party alone with an occasional yo.

Tech Guru

Aw, just read this.

My friends bail on me for shows all the time Unfortunately the show crowd isn't as friendly as the festival crowd. I don't know if I'd be able to do a multiday festival by myself though :/ I'm just not out going enough.

Mysteryland USA was amazing. I'd love to go to a European festival.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Mentor

You need new friends, mate. Bailing out on something like this is unacceptable for me. There's plenty of other people in the world that you can depend on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast