New Equipment: Need Help

Default New Equipment: Need Help

So I just purchased some DJ equipment and wanted to ask some questions that most of you could probably answer way better than I could.

To start off, here is some of my setup.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Without viewing links:

Two Seismic Audio 15" PA DJ Speakers 700 watts each
    Pyle-Pro PQA3100 19-Inch Rack Mount 3100-Watt Professional Power Amplifier
    Hercules DJ Console RMX

My questions..

1. My speakers are 700 watts each, and the amp is 3100 watts. What is the best way to set this up to prolong the life of my equipment and to not overheat or blow anything out?

2. What settings should I use when playing music at a party for approximately 4-5 hours?

3. Things to avoid? Did I fuck up with my purchases?

4. To connect my two speakers to my amp I can use two speakon to speakon cables correct?

Thanks guys.

bump

That amp is rated at 775w RMS x2 so you should be fine. Don't push the amp beyond 50% for a start matey (i know from blowing several speakers & amps)
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

The speakers you are getting are rated at 350w RMS @ 8 Ohms, and the Pyle amp is rated 380w @ 8 Ohms. While that may seem fine, Pyle is known to be a shit brand and I hope you will be able to return them and get some quality equipment. Pyle's power ratings should honestly be halved when shopping; or just avoid them altogether.

Always read the reviews, especially the ones 2 stars and below, for these are the true reviews. My Pyle amp crapped out on me (completely dead, would not power on) after 3 weeks of usage. I will never buy from them again. I went ahead and purchased a Dayton Audio amp, and have been 100% happy since.

Check your brands and don't sacrifice quality and performance for money and convenience. It will always be worth it to wait, save up a little more, and get something of higher caliber.

Good luck

What is the ideal wattage between your speakers and amps? How strong of an amp is too strong (I was told my amp can be considered too strong despite Pyle being shit)

Should I run both speakers in series or parallel circuits?