Bye-Bye Novation Twitch, Hello [Insert Controller Name Here] !
    Tech Convert

Default Bye-Bye Novation Twitch, Hello [Insert Controller Name Here] !

After having brought my much loved Novation Twitch to its limits, I am on the search for a new controller. The Twitch was perfect for me, although I did find it lacking points in the following areas:

- No 4 Deck support
    - Not the greatest soundcard
    - Tricky/makeshift FX handling in Serato DJ

Ideally I would choose a 4 deck Twitch with the above changes, but as that is not available i am forced to look into other controllers. I don't have much use for jog wheels, so having large Jog wheels would be a waste of space and weight. Furthermore, I should be able to carry the Twitch's successor in a backpack or small travel case. Given this, I have shortlisted the following controllers:

- Vestax VCI-400 (DJ or not)
    - Pioneer DDJ-SX2
    - Numark NV

What do you guys think? I am open to any suggestion, given that the proposed controller works with Serato DJ.

Much love,
    Brando

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by brandog View Post
    After having brought my much loved Novation Twitch to its limits, I am on the search for a new controller. The Twitch was perfect for me, although I did find it lacking points in the following areas:

- No 4 Deck support
    - Not the greatest soundcard
    - Tricky/makeshift FX handling in Serato DJ

Ideally I would choose a 4 deck Twitch with the above changes, but as that is not available i am forced to look into other controllers. I don't have much use for jog wheels, so having large Jog wheels would be a waste of space and weight. Furthermore, I should be able to carry the Twitch's successor in a backpack or small travel case. Given this, I have shortlisted the following controllers:

- Vestax VCI-400 (DJ or not)
    - Pioneer DDJ-SX2
    - Numark NV

What do you guys think? I am open to any suggestion, given that the proposed controller works with Serato DJ.

Much love,
    Brando
    Personally I'd shortlist it to the SX2 or NV - the RGB pads are probably gonna make lots of sense with Flip

The NV seems a little smaller for backpacking and of course the screens - same size as a DDJ-SR (5 inches difference to the SX) so hand luggage should not be a problem most of the time.
    Last edited by deevey; 08-28-2014 at 11:42 AM.

Tech Mentor

Wait & see if the modular akai system is any good.
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

HArd to fault the Pioneer DDJ-SX2 for Serato, but the NV is a pretty nice piece of kit, too.

If I were in your position, it would all come down to budget.

And, when budget is NOT such a big consideration, Pioneer USUALLY wins out.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    HArd to fault the Pioneer DDJ-SX2 for Serato, but the NV is a pretty nice piece of kit, too.

If I were in your position, it would all come down to budget.

And, when budget is NOT such a big consideration, Pioneer USUALLY wins out.
    Before this i was leaning more towards the vestax thanks to its light weight and compact size (and cheapest of the above options).
    If you were in my position, what controller would you pick?