Alternative for traktor+Ableton performance setup
    Tech Wizard

Default Alternative for traktor+Ableton performance setup

So I've been using Ableton along with traktor using a rme ucx AI on a xone92, richie's setup I suppose with the exception of him using the ufx. But I've recently tried Maschine's daw with traktor in the same fashion as Ableton+traktor, so traktors audio outputs are all routed to as well as outputting from Maschine groups--deck a is group a deck b is group b and so on. Much to my satisfaction, I found this to be so much better than using Ableton. The synchronization is rock-solid, Ableton would go completely off beat on random occasions, especially if I was using a load of vst and/or midi controllers. Like Ableton, I am able to use plugins on traktors audio within Maschines daw and apply everything and anything I want.

Am I missing something about Ableton in terms of using as a performance tool? Maschines daw can do everything Ableton while doing it in a more stable and consistent manner, and I'm barely just covering a mere surface of Maschine is capable of. I don't see a reason for others who use Ableton along side traktor for performance over the Maschine + traktor method. Maybe someone can chime in and tell me otherwise? Again, this isn't the well known Maschine synced up with traktor, well it is but all the outputs of audio are coming out of Maschine 2 daw, key difference being that vsts can be used on traktor.

If you're happy using it, go for it. Who cares what other people are doing, gotta find what resonates with you and pursue that.

Tech Wizard

Oh I'm not ranting about what others are doing, and I certainly don't care. I'm wondering if there's anything that Ableton offers that the Maschine 2 software doesn't when it comes to doing live performance type. I'm simply sharing my opinion about the benefits of Maschine 2. I think you may have misunderstood my original post.

Can Maschine really do everything that Live can???

I love Lives Routing, Dummy Clips, Automation, VST Hosting/Racks (RACKS!), etc...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Custom racks is a big one IMO.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith View Post
    Custom racks is a big one IMO.
    +1 for that. It's great with drums. But Maschine has that too, just laid out differently, in fact--I can have 16 different effects on a single group and select the one I wish to use.

It's the mapping I was mainly referring to, being able to assign multiple parameters to one knob, with custom scaling for each one.

Tech Wizard

I've had Maschine for 1 month now and I've gotta say, Maschine is just so freakin awesome. I can't believe I've managed all this time without it. I especially like that when I load a plugin, all the parameters are already mapped to all the knobs. I remember having to manually map every single fuction of a vst or au on a controller when using Ableton.

Tech Wizard

So I went back to Ableton just for ol'time sakes with no intentions of re-converting back to Ableton but it can't be helped.. I've re-converted back to Ableton. Just after using again only once..

Ableton's workflow is just so much better in so many ways. I found myself being able to access things with less time, the visualization of a project overall is more intuitive, and everything is just laid out properly. Configurations are much easier to manage, especially the audio I/O compared to Maschines I/O. Kinda kicking myself in the butt for doubting Ableton and what it is capable of.

Ableton, please forgive me for my traitorous acts, thank you for accepting me back. I give you full permission to clean out my wallet

Well there you go.

/thread
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj