traktor : open key on o off when I use the key for mixed in key?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default traktor : open key on o off when I use the key for mixed in key?

Hello to all, as we also know traktor has the function to find the key of the harmonica track, we also know that the key mixed in key are different from those of traktor. When I want to use key (mixed in key) function of the key traktor should be turned on or not? .Preche And I noticed that when this function is activated even if I mix with key conpatibili (of mixed in key) I do not have a harmonic effect there someone who can help me thanks

Tech Wizard

Sorry for my english I will try to explain me better.When I'm mixing tracks with traktor (key found with mixed in key)the traktor function for key must be activated or not? Because it seems that tracks are not armonic and not synchronazed.

This doesn't directly answer your questions, but is useful and relevant.

Camelot Wheel for Open Key

I haven't used Mixed in Key, I use KeyFinder, but I do not allow Traktor to detect Harmony when it analyzes - but I do have it load the key I stored in the file. Traktor's harmonic analysis is very very bad at this point in time.

If I am understanding you correctly, you are also asking if you need to activate "Key Lock," the little note button on each deck - yes, you will want that turned on if your songs are at all tempo shifted, this is required to keep the songs playing at their original key.

I think that addresses your questions, please elaborate further if I missed any points you were asking about.

Tech Wizard

thank for your answer but which is the way to disactivate the automatic traktor's harmonic analysis? Anyway when i mixed all the songs must have the same bpm? Or can I set bpm by myself?

Tech Wizard

???

They don't have to have the same BPM, but if they don't, then they're not going to mix together simultaneously very well, and the point of harmonic mixing is generally to mix two songs together at the same time and have them still sound good together. You can certainly use manual beatmatching, and the key lock will still work just fine.

I personally disable both automatic analysis of imported songs and analysis of new songs the first time they're loaded into the deck, which is in the properties screen. Then, when I add new tracks, I right click the tracks and select "Analyze." On the resulting screen, I select "Special," then only select BPM, Beatmarker and Gain, but leave off harmony.

Tech Wizard

thank you very much clear. then rianalizzo my entire playlist without selecting the function key open key?

Tech Wizard

analyze

Yeah, then it will keep your Mixed-in-Key determined key.

Have fun!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast