Traktor Freezes --- while using a MACbook and S4 MK1 .. HELP ME

Default Traktor Freezes --- while using a MACbook and S4 MK1 .. HELP ME

So i googled and also searched the forum for anything on this. I found some stuff on google and its a problem that has been going on since around 2013... Nothing came up for Techtools tho.

So here is what I got so far... Running an S4 MK1 and MAC book retina. OSX Mavericks (most recent update)

The program will freeze suddenly. Only way to get it back is to do a hard reset and completely shut down. It can happen after 15 min of play or 2 hours of play, there really is no pattern.

I have talked with NI and Apple. The issue is with the USB (apparently) Since the S4MK1 has a USB 1 and the Mac has a USB 3.0 ( well its actually something different now, from what apple tells me. Its actually faster then the first gen USB 3.0 but they keep the name) Anyway, so what I'm told is, there is not enough data being sent from my S4 to the MAC. In a nut shell.. it like trying to fill a pool using only a cup.

I have tried connecting the S4 to a USB hub. It seemed like it was working at first. However, there is not specific pattern to it. It froze again.

I have been searching for any updated information but I am finding nothing. Can anybody thow me a couple links please?

Thanx Brothers and Sisters
    "Music is the purest form of art... therefore true poets, they who are seers, seek to express the universe in terms of music... " "Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art." Quotes of wisdom...

Think this is the same problem and there are some links to other sites where it's discussed:

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=83544

Looks like a bit of a kick in the bollocks all told...

Tech Guru

I was under the impression that the USB 3.0 issue was only with Windows?

I don't think not enough data being sent would cause Traktor to crash... Have you tried a new cable?

Processor overload? RAM? Heat?
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Spot on. Link followed, Thanks brother
    "Music is the purest form of art... therefore true poets, they who are seers, seek to express the universe in terms of music... " "Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art." Quotes of wisdom...

Tech Mentor

check over at Native Instruments forum Kontrol S2/S4 there are all sorts of threads on the matter.
    I currently experience the same issues. As of now our only hope is Yosemite which is being released this fall....

Yeah, I've been all over the net. I was hoping to find anything new on the subject. However, it seems to have been an issue for a long time and has been quite for about 6 months. Follow http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=83544, there are a couple people with the same issue. No one has answers, NI, Apple, no one. Only thing we can do is wait.....

I wonder if this is similar to what happens (at least under Windows) when I disconnect my controller before I've closed Traktor? It locks my machine hard. If you were getting a USB drop-out that was just long enough for Traktor to choke, then that may exhibit similar behavior.

Tech Mentor

I have similar crashes with Traktor Pro 2.6.8 on a new MBPr with OS 10.9.4. I donīt use the S4, but the Audio2 MK1.

I opened support tickets at NI, but never get a response.

It seems that older sound interfaces (in this case NIīs MK1 versions) with USB 2.0 connections make problems with USB 3.0 connectors.
    In a NI forum someone accused the buggy USB 3.0 standard to cause the problems with USB 2.0 sound interfaces. So itīs not Apple nor NI who can solve this..
    There was a work around, where you change a kext-file on your MAC to downgrade your USB3.0 to a USB2.0 standard. But I didnīt try it, because the file was from an older OS version.

Hopefully there will be a true, reliable fix for this issue!

MacBookPro 11,1 | i5 2,4GHz | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD
    MacOSX 10.15.x | TraktorPro 3.x | VCI-100 SE FW 1.4 | VCI-400 SE (EGE)

I have had similar issues, with an S4 MK1 and a 2010 MBP. NI has been responsive, but we haven't totally sorted the problem yet. If I arrive at a solution, I will let you know.

No need to continue with 2 threads on the same topic, there is more information in the earlier thread:

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=83544

Mods might want to re-name the other thread to reflect it's about the S4mk1 dropout issue with new MacBooks containing the Haswell USB3 chipset.
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems