Default Steven Packan's set up

My current set up is:-

Pioneer CDJ 2000 Nexus x 2
    Pioneer DJM 700
    Pioneer RMX 1000
    Allen & Heath Xone XD2-53 Headphones
    Traktor 2.5
    DJ Standz - CDJ & DJM Wing Stand
    Allen & Heath K2 controller (Not in photo)

Last edited by tekki; 09-02-2014 at 12:49 AM.

Clean!
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Tech Guru

What caused you to go with the high/low workflow? I ask because the first club I ever played was like this. It was never something I wanted to replicate in my own setup. Found it to be a huge nuisance.

Nice setup. I would put the the foam behind the speakers on the back and side walls.
    Equip: 1200's, mixer, Traktor, & Traktor Kontrollers
    mixcloud www.mixcloud.com/modernrockmix

Nice dude. Can't wait till I can upgrade to full 2000s/DJM. Currently working with the DDJ SX and loving it.

Like ToOntown inquired above, I am also curious as to how you enjoy mixing on the high/low setup. What are the advantages/disadvantages and what made you decide to go with that type of layout?

Thanks everyone!

@ToOntown & WestonParish

Advantages
    The Hi/Lo set up is something that takes a session to get used to, but once you are familiar with it then ergonomically I find ideal. Obviously I can see everything well and access the all the gear with little need to stretch forward nor move about too much.
    Disadvantages
    Most places normally have you set up all on one level, so if like me I am used to playing on high and low then I have to check back for a split second initially. Secondly, it takes a little time to get used to but each to their own.

Monitor Height/Stands
    I would also like to point out that the monitors on their stands are decoupled and at the height of my ears as intended to hear at clear frequencies.

Desk/Table Height
    I can not stress the importance of protecting your backs through endless hours of playing and having fun. Having a sore back simply isn't fun. By this I mean lots of people have their gear on a table/desk that is all too often low (Meaning you will stoop forward), or if the desk is too high it can lead to lots of neck pain. Of course there is never a perfect height to meet everyone's needs when you have a bunch of people playing on your gear. If you can find a happy medium and to that I mean you are the main player, then focus on keeping your back straight as possible. Simply put, if you have the opportunity to alter your desk/table to encourage a straight back then you will be happier.

Thanks @twistedpickles about recommending the foam behind the monitors. Attached below are extra photo's of my corner bass traps and mid traps that are set up in my room.

Bass Trap.jpgMid Range Trap.jpg

Tech Guru

Nice. Makes sense. I'm glad it works for you

I always tell new DJs to save their backs and ears. Those are the two things that are slowly giving out on me.