Reloop RMP-3A vs Denon SC2900
    Tech Convert

Default Reloop RMP-3A vs Denon SC2900

I just wanted to opinions regarding both units specifically how you think they compare. I am fairly familiar with the RMP-3As since my current set-up is three RMP-3As running through an Ecler Nuo 2 (third unit through mic input). I love the Reloops but have had an eye out for the Denon SC2900 for awhile.

I was able to pick up one used SC2900 fairly cheap. I have had the SC2900 for a couple of days and had a chance to mess around with it but haven't gotten to deep into the manual. As of now, I am undecided. I don't play out so not concerned w/ learning club standards. My style is fairly simple A to B mixing of DnB w/out too many tricks/effects. For me, this is just a really expensive hobby.

Let me know what you think. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Charles

Tech Guru

The Denon are a whole lot more capable than the Reloop RMP3A. I'd go with those.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Quote Originally Posted by skeemmc
    I don't play out so not concerned w/ learning club standards.
    Church.

Quote Originally Posted by skeemmc
    For me, this is just a really expensive hobby.
    PREACH ON!

Re: your gear - I have no idea. But I'm just like you - I love doing it, and it IS an expensive hobby! So - as a fellow hobbyist, I'd just say use 'em both for a while and see what works best for you. Also, there's no need to have matching pairs - why not have odd decks? One will do something that the other won't, and vice versa.

It's really refreshing to hear comments like yours, where it's clear to see that you're doing this only because you enjoy it, regardless of getting any praise or adulation for it. Welcome to DJTT, mate!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

On the not playing out thing, you guys are really missing out. It's so much more fun.
    I also can't comment on the decks unfortunately, but I have heard good things about the Denon's. Build quality is very good on these.

Tech Convert

Patch,

Thanks for the support. It's cool hearing from other's w/ similar experiences. I am leaning towards getting rid of one RMP-3A, keeping the other two as back-ups, and buying one more SC2900. The wifey is probably going to murder me but definitely worth it. I can't stop buying more gear!

- Charles

For what it's worth I've had the 2900s for almost 2 years now (near enough since they came out!) and a good mate of mine has the RMP3 alphas, so I use both regularly. The RMP 3s are fantastic decks (in my opinion the best 'affordable' cd/usb/media player out there), but the recent price drop on the 2900s make them a no-brainer now.

The 2900s are superb. They are more capable (and have been more reliable) than the cdj900s I owned previously (in my picture), and their current price is incredible. Aside from the extra features of the 2900, they are also quite weighty- approx 50% heavier than the cdj900s, and a lot more than the Reloops.

The 2900 jog-wheel is leagues ahead of that on the RMP, and adjustable across several tension settings- this means you could have it loose feeling like that on the Reloop, or tighten it right up for more precision. Also the play/cue buttons are hardened plastic unlike the Reloops (and earlier Denon models) and have a re-assuring 'click' when used.

Have a proper play with one alongside the RMP 3- I think you'll find the difference between them in use is night & day. At the current price however it would be rude not to pick up a pair
    https://www.facebook.com/ekmobile.entertainment / http://soundcloud.com/dave-eden
    2 Denon SC2900, Denon Dn-x1600, 2 Vestax PDX2000mk2, 2 Technics 1210, Stanton SK6, Gemini SA600mk2, Pio HDJ1500, 2 Synergy CD2000 (antiques)