All in one controller "I've never seen this one" - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

you might have 2 or 3 years on me mate
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

hahahahahah. I hear ya, man... I'm also a 40 something. When I started working where I do, the next oldest person in the company was not even in their 30s yet - and was one of the owners of the company!

You young whippersnappers, get off my lawn!

Banned

There's a web series called "kids react to ......." And they show kids various technologies from the past 30 years or so. When you see them stumped by a gameboy you know you're getting old.

Yeah, but those kids are also totally hamming it up. Makes for a good show, though.

Hi,
    that controller is built on the same "chassis" so to speak as the Stanton SCS4dJ. a design which was first seen commercially as a Voxoa S60 and its earlier version, which I cant remember the model number of. If it has the same high res jogs as the 4dj, then it should be worth about $350. if regular jogs, then $250.

it's funny because, looking at the hinged, larger screen, I would think someone involved was reading my beta test reports,

to be truthful, it is our so-called dj manufacturers that are and have been bootlegging Chinese designs for a while.

it's very presumptuous to assume its a ripoff. you really can't know until you get one, try it, and open it up and look around. considering that it is built on a platform that has been around for a while, it's at least worth a look.

I want to add that many years ago, I came across a brand called DJtech, about which, at the time I read many negatives comments similar to those here(similarly to those here, the negative comments were from people who had never had the gear, and only wanted to say bad things because they needed to confirm their pridefulness about the over-priced OEM shite THEY had purchased).
    I took the chance and purchased some controllers from them. Those controllers have proven to be the best I have ever owned. I still consider the imix reload to be one of the finest midi controllers ever produced.
    my point is that often, by the time a design reaches the store shelves in our countries, and has been co-opted by a big name "manufacturer" (which actually they are all only wholesellers) much of the quality has been removed in order to add a few thousand bucks to the paycheck of some schmo, who knows nothing about and doesn't care about dj gear or dj culture. (john hourihane, I'm talking to you)
    So have fun, take a chance, you may get something unique and well-made.

I don't think they are selling these individually, though....

Banned

Looks like it's listed around $200

that sounds fair. if you approach it from the perspective that if it doesn't act right, you still have a lot of parts for making your own stuff, well...
    again, this is one of those things where talking about quality is silly until you've seen inside it. quality in dj midi controller terms comes down to separate boards for separate things, so they can be replaced or modified, and the type of tech used in the jogs, and whether or not controls are connected to the boards with connectors or soldered. these are factors that reduce the risk in buying new unknown products. they aren't generally going to use single boards and solder until they have fine tuned the design; (in effect creating successively lower quality products in each generation)

What most guys fail to grasp is that once the product is up and running, the producer isn't going to try and maximize the "quality" they're going to try and maximize the "profit"

I'm just trying to make the point that the risk in wasting money on worthless junk is just as high in buying more well know products, as it is in buying something like this.

I like these
    http://shop.idanceaudio.nl/product/2...cratch-pr.html

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234