is a new Midi Fighter 3D just around the corner?
    Tech Mentor

Default is a new Midi Fighter 3D just around the corner?

DJTT has been posting little teasers of "we are filming some super secret stuff" on their instagram, and I just noticed they are out of stock of the 3D for the next 2 weeks.

Is a new MF3D coming? the spectra was recently discontinued as well, which leads me to believe a new product is coming asap. what's your predictions? an updated MFpro? pressure sensitive buttons? something else?

Blah. I want them to bring back something like the Pro with faders and knobs.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

I will step in and answer this one to help avoid getting anyone's hopes up.

The Spectra and Pro were discontinued because only a few people bought them every month and it was becoming very expensive to keep up the custom building process. While amazing controllers - that business (custom controller building) proved to be very distracting from our core responsibility - building online dj community.

The 3D is out of stock because our latest production run got held up but will be done very soon.

Finally, I would not expect any new controllers from Dj TechTools in the near future. We are going to focus on re-vamping and updating the website and our online dj community this year - while increasing the quality of support for the products already out in the world.

Hope that answered our questions!

First time I've seen Ean here in a while: Exciting.

His News: Saddening.

My Question: WILL you guys do custom MIDI controllers ever again? I have an idea I'm itching to get built and cannot find any to do it.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Tech Mentor

ah, well I appreciate the hard work you do Ean! thank you for taking the time to answer the rumor mill :P

also i would love to help you expand your site into a "VJTechTools" section one day if you are interested. It's definitely becoming more popular of a artform in the electronic music world (i use a MF3D & spectra for my visuals)
    Last edited by padi_04; 09-03-2014 at 08:51 AM. Reason: merged

Just here to say I'm glad I got a pro when it was readily available. It's a beast and a complete joy to work with even though I don't employ it as often as I used to. Once I can get a good/consistent sync between Traktor and Abelton i'll be putting it to regular use again for sure.

Also glad to hear you guys are shifting focus to the developing the site more. I've learned a ton here from the forums over the past few years and even casual browsing has had an immense impact on by DJ'ing and production knowledge.

Tech Mentor

Just wondering;

The S2/4 Mk II's have iPad connectivity & we'll see more of this type of cross platform workflow, how would midifighter apps for iPad fit in?

Could be an interesting revenue stream, add a simplistic traktor mapping app for iPad S4 connection whilst your at it

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Fighters can be used on iOS via the camera connection kit, you can use them to finger drum on apps that support 3rd party gear and in some DJing apps too.

Right now TraktorDJ doesn't support anything but the Z1/S2/S4 controllers and their audio interfaces. Let's hope this changes soon =).

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Fighters can be used on iOS via the camera connection kit, you can use them to finger drum on apps that support 3rd party gear and in some DJing apps too.

Right now TraktorDJ doesn't support anything but the Z1/S2/S4 controllers and their audio interfaces. Let's hope this changes soon =).
    Sorry, didn't say what I meant well enough; I was thinking the other way round = the iPad is the midifighter running a midifighter app so you see the midifighter buttons on the iPad screen.

No midifighter hardware involved, you plug in the iPad into the controller and start mashing / running effects by touching the screen. You could run multiple maps / effects setting just by loading a different midifighter pages at a touch; instant grat page, cue page and on and on.

You could have a suite of different DJTT apps for different purposes, all software development with no hardware manufacturing costs. None of this is my field hence the poor explanation but hopefully you get my drift

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    For as long as Traktor DJ is has Apples 'Made For iOS' status it will never communicate with non 'MFi' hardware.