Sell my s2 for a modular setup for mobile gigs? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

Its got room for 2 fx on the k1
    http://www.allen-heath.com/media/Mix...1-Mapping1.pdf

And the pioneer 850 has fx too

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by locksmith View Post
    Hey dude I ordered k1 Monday and it should be coming Friday. I will make a mix with it

I found a coupon code too, message me if you want it
    Damn man, if it's not too late I would actually consider swapping the K1 for a K2. The K2 is exactly the same except it has a built in soundcard that will allow you to connect to any external mixer without an extra audio interface. I imagine you should be fine using the K1 with your DJM 850 if it is traktor certified, but with the K2 you could rest assured knowing that ANY mixer you come across while gigging will be compatible, no problem.

Furthermore, if you're looking for a light portable set-up the built in soundcard with the K2 would allow you to bring just that, plug headphones right into the controller and you're off. You could easily have 2 deck controls, with hot cues, loops, and FX using only that. For that reason the K2 also works great as a back up in the case of any crises you encounter while playing. You could even rig it to give you 4 deck control if you're so inclined.

And if you do decide to go with the K2 instead of the K1 you may also be able to save money by just going with an Xone 23 instead of the 23C, so long as you aren't attached to having the X-Link ethernet connection. As a matter of fact, because of the K2's built in sound card you could go with ANY external mixer you wanted, even a lower budget DJM if they're your preference.

I think it'd be a better move. Just my 2 cents.

Remember that the k1 doesn't have the Lachting layer instead of k2.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12