Sell my s2 for a modular setup for mobile gigs?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Sell my s2 for a modular setup for mobile gigs?

I've reached a crossroads with my mobile dj setup. I'm debating selling my s2 for a modular setup for my parties. I was gonna buy a ddjsx, but for not much more I can buy a used modular setup

I have a nice home setup (cdj900's and djm850) but i don't feel comfortable bringing it to parties where ppl get messy

So I was thinking id get used 800's and a timecode, but it's only a couple hundred more to get 850's and as a bonus, I can use them with my home setup and play with 4 fatass decks

I would buy a cheap ass 2 channel mixer to use with them

Is this a good mobile/party setup?

I cringe at bringing my 4ch mixer to house parties and whatnot. I could even see using a cdj900 and 850, but just not my whole expensive setup. It makes me paranoid. Or should I say FK it and buy the ddj

Tech Guru

Hmmmm....I got away from a modular setup and went to the S2 for mobile gigs. I mix "internal" but use the S2 controls...so there is still something real to grab hold of as I play.

I have run into an issue with a hum in the mic input. I added a small Mackie mixer (802?) for the mic, a single iPod input, and the output from the S2.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Tech Guru

Why not use the S2?

If I'm gonna be taking something on the go, I'd bring a controller so you don't have to deal with connecting RCA cables etc.

That said, your idea is not bad at all. I think you really need to pay a bit more to get the 900s. The 850s are so stripped compared to the 900s.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Xone23C and a Xone k1... Traktor pro that you already have since you own an s2

1 USB cable, 1 Ethernet cable (it's attached with the Xone k1), headphones, Mac/PC...

Easy, Groovy, Finish

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Pippo91 View Post
    Xone23C and a Xone k1... Traktor pro that you already have since you own an s2

1 USB cable, 1 Ethernet cable (it's attached with the Xone k1), headphones, Mac/PC...

Easy, Groovy, Finish
    Dude... That's perfect!! I'm totally gonna get one! Is the filter hard to use? I'm used to 2 filter knobs

Thank you for the responses.. I sold the s2 yesterday. I was tired of it because of the small pitch faders and the sound wasn't as good as my pioneer mixer. I also didn't like the filter knobs. I had some unforgettable nights with it though

Tech Guru

You just have to remember to toggle on/off the filter. Not that hard to use.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Wizard

Thanks dude.. Couple more questions..

I assume the seek function knob is like a jog wheel? So I can find parts of the songs without clicking

http://www.allen-heath.com/media/Mix...1-Mapping1.pdf

Also, can I use the k1 with a djm850 (traktor certified) in midi mode until I get te xone 23c?

Yes... but obviously you will have to plug the k2 to the mac/pc with the pioneer 850 and assign correctly the in port and out port in the controller manager...

Tech Wizard

Hey dude I ordered k1 Monday and it should be coming Friday. I will make a mix with it

I found a coupon code too, message me if you want it

Banned

How will you do your fx?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast