Native Instruments S2 with Traktor 1.27

Question Native Instruments S2 with Traktor 1.27

Has anyone accomplished having Traktor 1.27 work with Native Instruments S2?

Tech Mentor

Long way from the current, no?
    I run 2.6.8 on a 2.0 ghz MBP with 8 gb of ram with no problems... my sets are usually around 5-6 hours long.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Is there some specific reason why you're still at that version?

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Is there some specific reason why you're still at that version?
    Yes, I am a long way from the current version for good reason. Version 1.27 offers the GUI required for my needs. Version 2.68 eliminated the pitch control percentage indicators and consumes a lot more CPU than 1.27. I can operate version 1.27 with the Steinberg UR 44 configured to192 kHz sample rate offering a CPU consumption of 15%. With version 2.6.8, I will be hovering at 50% CPU drain on a miniscule 44.1 kHz sample rate configuration on the S2.

The controller has nothing to do with the increase in CPU for version 2.6.8 consumes a lot CPU without the S2 installed.

All I really want is the jog wheels on the S2 for I use an external mixer and an external sound card. I can't justify buying a new computer to have the CPU consumption percentage below 20% just for jog wheels and lose out on the pitch percentage indicators not listed on version 2.6.8

So this is why I was asking if anyone has had success using the Traktor 1.27 with Native Instruments S2 controller.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I guess that you should be good in MIDI mode if you could enable it from the supported traktor version. Then you should be able of mapping the whole thing in Midi Mode.

Look at my setup
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2