Nitrotix Bedroom Studio / Workspace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Talking Nitrotix Bedroom Studio / Workspace

Hello!

I started getting into DJ'ing last year and since then I have put a lot of wok into the effort. I re-did my desk space to create this basic studio/mixing station.

I recently purchased the EIE Pro as well as a Numark 4Trak. I also got this Shelf from Ikea (as well as the desk) and raised my HP TouchSmart to make it look like a monitoring Studio Set-Up (But I don't actually use the desktop for Music-related stuff, go figure! :P )
    I have the Harmon / Kardon Soundstick III's which are amazing, and I have them set up to act as monitors as I turned off all the enhancement and set up the sound as Studio Quality. They are awesome in my small bedroom

Anyway, give me some advice, suggestions, criticism!

"Just for Show" Set-Up
    IMG_20130603_213351_583.jpg

"Actually Working" Set Up (OLD)
    Bedroom Studio Numark 4TRak.jpg

"Actually Working" Newer Set-Up
    Computer And Studio Set Up.jpg

Products Owned:
    - HP TouchSmart IQ504 2008 (Intel Pention Dual-Core, 4GB Ram, 320 GB HardDrive)
    - Dell Inspiron 2012 (Intel i5, 8GB Ram, 1TB HardDrive)
    - ASUS 23-inch IPS LED Monitor
    - Numark 4Trak
    - Numark Mixtrack Pro (Not Pictured) [Retired]
    - Akai Professional APC40
    - Akai Professional EIE I/O Pro
    - Pioneer HDJ 1000's
    - Stanton Uberstand
    - Harmon / Kardon Soundstick III's

I am planning to get an Apple MacBook Pro for College and it will be used to work all this stuff! And in the near future, I want to upgrade my desktop to the new Apple iMac Apple has some incredible products nowadays. I have always been a PC guy, but after paying a visit to the Apple store, and doing some research, I am all for Apple!

Once again, Please rate my set-up! Thanks

Summer 2014 UPDATE

"New" Studio Workspace
    studio desk.jpg
    Last edited by Nitrotix; 08-21-2014 at 10:36 AM.

Tech Wizard

Whats a good production desktop computer other than the iMac?

I like the 4trak man. How are the faders on the mixer?

Just build your own production computer man.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

The faders are nice and smooth, the controller is great in general!

And yeah, I'm probably gonna make my own, but I really want another all-in-one. I got used to My HP (Pictured) since it's nice and compact.

I like it, but you only use those tiny computer speakers?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    I like it, but you only use those tiny computer speakers?
    At first I thought those were 2 tiny bongs, but then I realized they're some logitech speakers.

Tech Wizard

They're not Logitech... -___-

Those are the Harmon / Kardon Soundstick III's (http://www.harmankardon.com/estore/h...KS%20III_HK_US)

They're very loud with 4 speakers in each tube plus 1 mini subwoofer in each tube. Then there is the main sub of course on the bottom. They're not monitors like the typical KRK's but they are probably one of the best 2.1 computer speakers out there. Nice and loud, great bass, and supreme clarity.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrotix View Post
    They're not Logitech... -___-

Those are the Harmon / Kardon Soundstick III's (http://www.harmankardon.com/estore/h...KS%20III_HK_US)

They're very loud with 4 speakers in each tube plus 1 mini subwoofer in each tube. Then there is the main sub of course on the bottom. They're not monitors like the typical KRK's but they are probably one of the best 2.1 computer speakers out there. Nice and loud, great bass, and supreme clarity.
    It looks like they would break easily, but my bad then. Respect for trying out different types of speakers and not giving into the KRK hype

Tech Wizard

I've had them for about a year and a half, and I use them daily on about 1/4 volume (still pretty damn loud!) and the sound quality is still awesome! They do look breakable, but i keep em in a safe spot

I'm not comparing them to professional grade monitors at all, because I know that monitors a definitely worth it. But for what I paid, I think they sound amazing and look very modern and unique.

Right on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast