Could Twister sequence sample slot instead of velocity?

Default Could Twister sequence sample slot instead of velocity?

I've watched all the DTT videos on the Twister so I'm pretty sure the answer to this is 'no' but it would make a cool addition to the next firmware. (Maybe it's already possible and I missed it)

On the sequencer pattern page it would be extremely useful if the knob could set the sample slot triggered rather than the velocity. The way it currently works seems quite limited in that it will only re-trigger the same sound, albeit with varying velocity levels. Imagine how much more creative you could get if you could load a bunch of different vocal shots or bass notes into one column and sequence through them?

I realize this would render the slot-select knob on the top-level useless (but only for those columns that sequenced the slot) and also I'd lose velocity but I'd trade slot-sequencing for velocity control any day

I'm really impressed with what's possible with the Twister. I've been looking at it as a way to replace Maschine in a DJ set but still be able to play completely improvised tracks on the spot.

Tech Mentor

I second this as being a great idea.

A BASIC version of this should be possible by modifying the mappings, can someone from DJTT confirm?

I think it would be good if when held and turned the slot triggered could be changed. Then when on the main page the LED ring would reflect the changing slots.

To make this more user friendly it might be good to have a mode where you edit saved presets and the auto slot change option is only available in said mode. This would than allow current functions to remain unchanged.