The Drum & Bass Thread (formally Drum 'n' Bass is dead?) - Page 2
Page 2 of 223 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

lol d&b dead, no way!

It has just started to reach the point of maturity, with the litzness that is Pendulum cracking the pop-market thus promting scenesters who are more interested in the exclusivity of of a certain genre than the relative quality of music to go elsewhere.

Sure lots of producers are moving to dubstep, but only hedz could actually elaborate on the musical differences.

And the two make the ultimate combo, cant wait for new years, Skream, Noisia, Andy C, Dieselboy, Breakfastaz....rain forests

how can anything that is still growing be dead?

anyone who says dnb is dead can eat a bag of dicks

anyone who says dubstep is dead is delerious. it was just born and is still but an innocent child
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Tech Mentor

dnb is dead... yeh right!

Dieselboy says otherwise with Substance D!
    obsidiance » breaks-drum'n'bass-big beats

dnb sets are dead... smatterings of dnb within sets isnt..

says i

the sets are dead? the then dead walk the earth en masse. must be a result of some kind of neuclear meltdown?
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Tech Mentor

dont forget nz is like a little DnB haven Kaon!

The rest of the world doesn't have it as good!

Although there still are DnB clubs in Sydney
    obsidiance » breaks-drum'n'bass-big beats

New years in Perth here is sick when it comes to drum and bass, last year i saw the sickest acts and this year i get to do it all again
    It rocks living in one of the drum and bass capitols of the world if your a big a jungle head as me

Oh noez.... Someone said Pendulum... :eek:
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Who ever said hip hop was dead.. nas.. hmmm the radio is only playing r n b its not hip hop it could be called rap watered down rap...

hip hop is still alive and well in the underground scene.. sorry peeps but hip hop is big right now in the underground.. u got guys like talib kweli , Immortal technique, SickSymphonies, Gza who just put out an album protools << go listen to it.. we have lots of good mc's out there .... u just have to look for them...

now electronic music I dont even know what the hell is dubstep.. they all sound the same to me sorry.. haha
    2xTECHS/DJM4/TF/SL3/MBPRO

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    lol d&b dead, no way!

It has just started to reach the point of maturity, with the litzness that is Pendulum cracking the pop-market thus promting scenesters who are more interested in the exclusivity of of a certain genre than the relative quality of music to go elsewhere.

Sure lots of producers are moving to dubstep, but only hedz could actually elaborate on the musical differences.

And the two make the ultimate combo, cant wait for new years, Skream, Noisia, Andy C, Dieselboy, Breakfastaz....rain forests
    Your comment about Pendulum is pretty true, Pendulum has brought drum and bass to even more ears creating an even bigger listener bass. I prefer Calyx and Teebee's idea though - raw uncut dnb strait to the commercial public. Pendulum has made a good stepping stone for some people, whether thats a good thing or a bad thing ill leave up to you guys

I know i for one am sick of mentioning dnb and every time someone has to mention pendulum :\ Not hating on you midifidler your mention was completely justified. This is just the the price that has to be payed to take drum and bass to the masses.

So yeah, i agree drum and bass isnt dead, its just getting warmed up