Good RCA - > XLR Cables?
    Tech Convert

Default Good RCA - > XLR Cables?

Hi, I'm looking into getting some male RCA to XLR 3 prong cords for my S4mkII, does anyone have any suggestions? I took a look on amazon but many of the products had at least one review saying the cords began to dismantle or had phase issues. I want something solid that I won't have to replace for some time that's also not insanely priced because of a brand name.

I'd recommend using male TRS to XLR. The S4 has two main outputs: one balanced (1/4" TRS) and one unbalanced (RCA). Balanced audio is better than unbalanced. In order to have balanced audio, you'll need a balanced connector on both sides of the cable. XLR's are balanced, but having an RCA on the other side would make your whole audio signal unbalanced.
    I knew a girl, who tried to walk across the lake.
    Of course it was winter, when all this was... Ice...

Tech Convert

Thanks for the feedback! I had some sound guy tell me RCA was balanced and 1/4" was not, glad you cleared that up! I'm now looking into getting some TRS XLR cables.. apparently some of these amazon coords simply aren't configured correctly, so I need to figure out an XLR cable tester

There is a 1/4" cable that isn't balanced, it's called a TS. The one that's balanced is called a TRS. Make sure you get the right one!

Here's a table for future reference.
    Cable-Table-1-560x348.jpg

If you're looking for a brand name, Mogami's are top notch cables... But they're very expensive.

I get my cables from cablesonline. Their warehouse is near my home so it's convenient for me. They've got tens of thousands of 5 star reviews on ebay and 100% feedback rating. All great quality stuff for a great price. When I walk in there, they'll handmake any kind of cable I want, at any length I want, right there on the spot. Here's a link for your specific cable, just choose the right length. http://search.store.yahoo.net/cables...tprxlrmat.html
    I knew a girl, who tried to walk across the lake.
    Of course it was winter, when all this was... Ice...

Tech Convert

Wow this is exactly what I'm looking for, thank you!