Hey Bento.. VCI 300 mapping...
    Tech Wizard

Default Hey Bento.. VCI 300 mapping...

So hows it going? Can I mail you some chocolates or cookies to help you get thru the long nights of technical mapping work?

Ive had a hell of alot on my plate recently, working 2 jobs (approx 60 hours a week) and have to find time to do this mapping in what little free time i do have, so progress has been a little slow. On top of this i have also had some health issues which hasn't been a very cool experience, id rather not get into that though before anyone asks !

What i have made up so far though is looking pretty damn mean !

The mapping utilizes Bomes midi translator which while it means more work on creating the mapping it also means that i can create functions similar to those found on the VCI-100 1.3 firmware (and then some) without actually having to have Vestax release a new firmware: which also has the added advantage of if we want to change anything down the track were not limited to the messages the firmware is sending.

The lack of both buttons and knobs on the units has taken some quite creative mapping ideas to fit everything in, but thats not going to be holding back very much at all because of some cool little tricks i have employed that you wont even find on the VCI-100 SE mapping

My biggest gripe with the unit is the lack of transport buttons ! 2 Transport buttons per deck is so not nearly enough - I don't know what Serato and Vestax were thinking mimicking cdj's >=( , but again some mapping tricks wont make this too much of an issue

I am pretty much getting to the point i just need a ton of free hours to hammer out the rest of the mapping, all the technical side of how stuff is going to work and how the code functions is already out of the way which was the most challenging part.