What is your deepest pain as a DJ?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default What is your deepest pain as a DJ?

Greetings to all the DJs out there!

I am conducting a research about the challenges that DJs are facing in their careers.

Whether your are full time or part time, club DJ or mobile DJ... truly appreciate if your can share some of your pains (challenges)?

Also curious to know, what do you think is the biggest issue with today's industry?

Tech Mentor

Not enough time or money for all the music.

Not getting paid (yet) to fully support my lifestyle and hobby by just solely DJing.

The biggest issue, in my opinion, the Pop-music takeover of dance music is giving it a bad name. Now that it is popular, the media takes hold and spouts out defamatory remarks, REALLY taking things out of context for drug related deaths, blaming promoters and party organizers when it is not their fault.

Also, big room house being the huge bullshit fest that it is. I do appreciate that it has made the underground semi-acceptable, but honestly, those people would have 'found' the true music either way. Big room house and festivals provide the general population with an entry-level serving of repetitive/overplayed crap, hopefully enticing them to dig deeper and find something they really enjoy instead of something they are force fed by the power players and SFX entertainment.
    Pioneer XDJ-1000Mk1 -|- Numark TTX -|- Pioneer DJM-750

Spinning the deepest in tech and progressive house
    www.soundcloud.com/westonparish
    www.facebook.com/djwestonparish

Theres a lot of moaning from other DJs and the negativity is tiresome although I do this full time and it pays all the bills sometimes that just really jars me, we all have difference of opinions etc but I wish people were a little more positive with each other.
    DJ, Producer, Radio Presenter & Tutor
    Win8 64bit / TP2.6.8 / Ableton / Maschine
    S4 / X1 / F1 / Z1 / Maschine Mikro / Midi Fighter Twister / Akai Mini Mk2 / Boss FS-5U
    Twitter: @joegrime
    www.soundcloud.com/joegrime // www.mixcloud.com/joegrime

Tech Mentor

Spending more time promoting than time writing music.

Tech Mentor

People unable to tell absolute shit from top quality. I don't think it's necessarily today's industry though. People have listened to shit for ages.

Trying to find a regular night to play the tunes I really want to play out (progressive breaks). Bit of a mission and a half in Perth at the moment, so hence I dabble in electro breaks and techno to try and increase my chances of getting a gig.

That and the absolute deluge of shit that plagues Beatport et al.

DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FLVR View Post
    I am conducting a research about the challenges that DJs are facing in their careers.

And I am the king of Mars

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    That ain't good bro! Sorry to hear that.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast