I'm sick and tired - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Just another pop-EDM force-fed crap product. Didn't even notice the banner till you pointed it out. Don't really care.
    Pioneer XDJ-1000Mk1 -|- Numark TTX -|- Pioneer DJM-750

Spinning the deepest in tech and progressive house
    www.soundcloud.com/westonparish
    www.facebook.com/djwestonparish

Quote Originally Posted by disas73r View Post
    ftw.

I think 75% is a bit generous
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Here's what I find insane about many big name DJs; you could teach someone to replicate their EXACT live performance within a week or two of practice. Even though they make a fraction of the income that some big names bring in, there is no way I could teach someone to pull off a Roger Sanchez or Q bert set without years and years of practice.
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

Quote Originally Posted by IznremiX View Post
    Here's what I find insane about many big name DJs; you could teach someone to replicate their EXACT live performance within a week or two of practice. Even though they make a fraction of the income that some big names bring in, there is no way I could teach someone to pull off a Roger Sanchez or Q bert set without years and years of practice.
    Life's not always fair guys. The sooner you stop focusing on others and focus on yourself, the happier you'll be

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

In that pic Hardwell looks like he's sulking cus his mum won't let him have ice cream.
    He's putting his coat on in a bad mood and going out to ride his bmx.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ SB View Post
    Life's not always fair guys. The sooner you stop focusing on others and focus on yourself, the happier you'll be
    I understand that, and I've never let their success detract from my own happiness. I know I'm preaching to the choir here but as someone who loves DJing, I'm just not impressed with how low the bar has been set
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scalage View Post
    Just the other day some idiot radio dj said Calvin Harris should be the number one because he's had so much success in terms of tracks in the top 40.
    Funny you should mention him, just this morning my i-tunes showed for limited time free video of Calvin Harris. Heard the name, knew he was big but never saw or heard him. He was in one of the coolest DJ booths I've ever seen but the guy spent more time on the mic telling people to put their hands up or jump than on actual mixing. He love dem effects though. Effects, Jesus pose and mic. Did I mention one of the coolest dj booths I've ever seen?

I keep on seeing a lot of dislike of this scene but at the same time I got to wonder how it really effects people. I mean, do so many people really aspire to be super star DJ status? I mean, is it even really your scene to begin with? Anybody out of work?

Is this the new deal? I don't know, it seems odd to me that people who talk about caring for a scene or so annoyed by any of this. Maybe the scene here is just too different because Clubs have always been a bit of an underground thing. Actually right now the clubs are literally moving back underground because the police started enforcing an outdated law that makes clubs illegal. After midnight the cops raid and close places if people are dancing. So to me, people crying about such silliness as Paris Hilton, DJ rankings and all that mainstream nonsense, just seems like even more nonsense. And if it is your scene, than why are you angry, change your scene.
    Last edited by JaF; 09-20-2014 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaF View Post
    Funny you should mention him, just this morning my i-tunes showed for limited time free video of Calvin Harris. Heard the name, knew he was big but never saw or heard him. He was in one of the coolest DJ booths I've ever seen but the guy spent more time on the mic telling people to put their hands up or jump than on actual mixing. He love dem effects though. Effects, Jesus pose and mic. Did I mention one of the coolest dj booths I've ever seen?

I keep on seeing a lot of dislike of this scene but at the same time I got to wonder how it really effects people. I mean, do so many people really aspire to be super star DJ status? I mean, is it even really your scene to begin with? Anybody out of work?

Is this the new deal? I don't know, it seems odd to me that people who talk about caring for a scene or so annoyed by any of this. Maybe the scene here is just too different because Clubs have always been a bit of an underground thing. Actually right now the clubs are literally moving back underground because the police started enforcing an outdated law that makes clubs illegal. After midnight the cops raid and close places if people are dancing. So to me, people crying about such silliness as Paris Hilton, DJ rankings and all that mainstream nonsense, just seems like even more nonsense. And if it is your scene, than why are you angry, change your scene.
    Huh? Confused, please clarify.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by WestonParish View Post
    Just another pop-EDM force-fed crap product. Didn't even notice the banner till you pointed it out. Don't really care.

Ah He's EDM - Economics Driven Music. Fine. It's just pop music. Nothing more Nothing less. He'll be gone in a year or two and replaced with another bland looking guy. Nothing to do with me any more than Katy Perry has anything to do with me. If people who don't know any better wish to bind me about it, well that's up to them. They're likely to consider One Direction and Fugazi the same thing because both use guitars (Fair enough, for One D the guitar seems to be used as either a prop or a handbag but whatever..).

Me? I've got three EPs worth of weird experimental Acid House lined up for my listening pleasure this weekend. So, you know..

He DOES look like a bell end, though.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast