Need some help with audio interface
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Need some help with audio interface

Hello I currently have one Rokit 6. (Broke the other one)
    I want to buy a pair of Rokit 8s, I want to know how to connect all speakers to a audio interface.
    I have seen the Focus 2i4 but it only has 2 balanced outputs. I want to have all speakers balanced.
    I also want to get the Rokit 10" sub in the future how would I connect all these speakers to my PC?

I also have a DDJ SX and want to know how to connect all the speakers to my controller.

Any help would be appreciated I want to buy the monitors and audio interface today.

Basically I need a audio interface just for adding monitors I dont really need all the midi stuff.

Hi there,

If I understand correctly, you will buy an audio interface to stream audio from your laptop to your monitors, later monitors & sub and then the whole sound system and a ddjsx.

So: 1) Audio interface & Monitors
    Its the most simple, you have outputs from the Scralet 2i4

You connect the right channel output to the right monitor and the left channel output to the left monitor.

2) Audio interface, Monitors & Sub
    Here the sub will act as a relay to your monitors

At the back of it, you have the input channels, you will connect those to the scarlet's output. Then you connect the sub output channels to the monitors inputs and you're good.

3) And for your DDJ-SX, I presume Serato DJ can allow you to choose the scarlet as the master output (its a midi controller so the mixer should be in the software) so you wont have to use more cables to root your audio.

Hope I was clear enough ^^
    soundcloud.com/red-kartel

Djing: 2x Reloop RP7000, DJX900USB, NI Kontrol F1 & X1, NI Audio 6
    Producing: Ears, Ableton Live 9, Akai MPK Mini, Samson Rubicon R8a & R10s, Gigabyte P25W & Asus MB168B+

Tech Convert

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rednight View Post
    Hi there,

If I understand correctly, you will buy an audio interface to stream audio from your laptop to your monitors, later monitors & sub and then the whole sound system and a ddjsx.

So: 1) Audio interface & Monitors
    Its the most simple, you have outputs from the Scralet 2i4

You connect the right channel output to the right monitor and the left channel output to the left monitor.

2) Audio interface, Monitors & Sub
    Here the sub will act as a relay to your monitors

At the back of it, you have the input channels, you will connect those to the scarlet's output. Then you connect the sub output channels to the monitors inputs and you're good.

3) And for your DDJ-SX, I presume Serato DJ can allow you to choose the scarlet as the master output (its a midi controller so the mixer should be in the software) so you wont have to use more cables to root your audio.

Hope I was clear enough ^^
    Thanks for reply, I need a interface that has more balanced outputs as I have 3 monitors to connect and I will later get the sub.

I looked at the focus 6 in 6 out, do you have any other recommendations? I dont need all the midi stuff I just want to be able to connect all my speakers.

Tech Guru

Why are you using three monitors? You should only be using a left and right.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Why are you using three monitors? You should only be using a left and right.
    Because I had a pair of 6s but I dropped one and broke it. I dont want to buy just one speaker because I want to upgrade to a pair of 8s.

Can I still run 3 speakers of the interface?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJRV View Post
    Because I had a pair of 6s but I dropped one and broke it. I dont want to buy just one speaker because I want to upgrade to a pair of 8s.

Can I still run 3 speakers of the interface?
    Just use the pair of 8s and sell the 6 or keep it as a back up.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Convert

Just use the pair of 8s and sell the 6 or keep it as a back up.
    Thanks alot for your help, I ended up ordering another 6 and a krk sub instead of 3 monitors.

I also purchased the Focusrite 6 in 6 out, I understand how to connect the sub and speakers to the interface.

I have one last question, can I connect the whole setup with my ddj sx the same way I would connect to the interface? (one cable from master output on my ddj sx to input on the sub and then both my monitors into output on the sub)

Tech Mentor

Buying a another 6 and a sub is a good solution! You won't need more than two outputs for the monitoring. You have to plug the KRK 6ers into the subwoofers outputs and than cables from the interfaces output to the subs inputs. The sub will filter the low frequencies and play them itself while passing the higher frequencies to the two top speakers.
    This is explained here on page 7 as well: http://www.krksys.com/manuals/subwoo...10s_manual.pdf

To use your DDJ-SX just plug it into your PC, go into Serato DJ's settings and select the 6i6 interface as your ouput. That way you don't have to unplug anything, but can just leave everything as it is.

Tech Guru

Doesn't the DDJ-SX have a sound interface built in? Why did you order a 6i6?

Tech Convert

Doesn't the DDJ-SX have a sound interface built in? Why did you order a 6i6?
    Because I want to play all my speakers off my PC and I dont want to have to turn my DDJ on everytime I listen to music. (I use my PC daily and prefer to keep the DDJ in good condition and not use it as a music player)

I could of got the 2i2 but I went with the 6i6 just incase later down the line I get another set of monitors, thanks for the advice looks like a good forum.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast