coming OFF traktor scratch - Gemini CDJs a good add-on to home setup? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Convert

I think I'm slowly accepting the fact that the CDJ 800 might be the best for my budget, CD burning and all. I could think of burning CDs as yet another backup method, plus there's the odd venue/event that still has only the 800 or the 1000s available. The 400s look like a good compromise but sadly they're going for 700€/800€ used 2nd hand and that's not the kind of money I'm willing to spend.

Thank you all for your kind answers!

Have you thought about buying one older CDJ like an 800 and using TSP at home with 1 1200 and 1 800? It would force you to get used to the CDJ with a platter that's pretty similar to the current ones (top texture is different, etc.) and let you basically just keep doing what you're doing.

The best alternative I've come across is something like the DDJ-SR. The platters (if they're the same as on the SX) are remarkably like the 2000s. And if you're spinning as simply as you describe, the other differences shouldn't be a huge deal.

Tech Mentor

I own an SR. The SR does not have the same platters as the SX, the ones on the SR don't have screens in them. But they are almost if not exactly the same size. The DDJ's platters are are also both capacitive instead of pressure sensitive on the CDJ's. I like the capacitive ones better though, it feels more solid. Don't be surprised if newer CDJ's will have the same technology.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12