Calling all Gurus!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joey56444 View Post
    Ooo that's great!! it all works great! i didn't use a controller, i just picked a note to use i think it was Channel 1 CC and then 000 i think and it seems to work great.
    That's true, but if you map this to the physical knobs you'll have everything more organized in terms of further re-mappings/edits not to mention actual MIDI learn process where you don't have to go into menu and manually assign each CH and Note with your mouse.

Try out this modifier. Map it to the same Beat Phase CC.

M=inc when M=0
    M=inc when M=1
    M=inc when M=2
    M=0 when M= 3

Here's one I made real quick as an example how you can control FX parameters:

Beat_FX_Sync_Deck_B.zip

Tech Convert

Default Free Midi-Routing Software

You are so right, Steve.

"MIDI - LINKED - MODIFIER" is the MagicWord !!!

all my mappings are based on this. you can use all things you can change by midi as an Modifier for other mappings by using an vitual output signal as modifing input signal (for example: Loopsize, Track Position, Layouts, Mixer Parameter, .....)

I use midipachbay (free) for mac. its very easy to use, and you can make different vitual routes to seperate some interactions.
    http://http://notahat.com/midi_patchbay/

the only thing i miss a free software solution to convert the midi clock signal from Traktor to different beat signals as midi note / cc as input for my mappings (or blinking leds as feedback) although no deck in Traktor is playing.
    at the moment i do this with "Bomes Miditranslator". but this is not very user-friendly for newcomers and not for free.

please ask me for details to this theme...

Tech Wizard

So this is what i came up with. I have modifier 1 counting from 0 to 3 and then modifier 2 counting from 0 to 7 but only increasing if modifier 1 is at 3. So basically it counts out 32 bars before it repeats. Let me know what you think. This is also my entry for the one button mapping contest.

Tech Wizard

I just uploaded it to the mapping contest. If you'd like to try it out, just look at what each command is mapped to and anything through cannel 8 is used for the engine and keeping the affects in time and then everything mapped through channel one is for the button. so map your button to that. its pretty cool i think!

Quote Originally Posted by earobic View Post
    You are so right, Steve.

"MIDI - LINKED - MODIFIER" is the MagicWord !!!

all my mappings are based on this. you can use all things you can change by midi as an Modifier for other mappings by using an vitual output signal as modifing input signal (for example: Loopsize, Track Position, Layouts, Mixer Parameter, .....)

I use midipachbay (free) for mac. its very easy to use, and you can make different vitual routes to seperate some interactions.
    http://http://notahat.com/midi_patchbay/

the only thing i miss a free software solution to convert the midi clock signal from Traktor to different beat signals as midi note / cc as input for my mappings (or blinking leds as feedback) although no deck in Traktor is playing.
    at the moment i do this with "Bomes Miditranslator". but this is not very user-friendly for newcomers and not for free.

please ask me for details to this theme...
    Sounds cool - Please do post more details! We need proper tutorial on Bomes MIDI Translator.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey56444 View Post
    I just uploaded it to the mapping contest. If you'd like to try it out, just look at what each command is mapped to and anything through cannel 8 is used for the engine and keeping the affects in time and then everything mapped through channel one is for the button. so map your button to that. its pretty cool i think!
    Looks good mate! Glad to see you're all set.

@Joey - BTW, make sure to the post link for your entry in the comments under the "One Button Mapping Contest" article.

Just build this Turntable Stop Play button.

Tech Wizard

Oh thats awesome!! I could never get the ttfx to work very good. I would turn the affect on and then the track would play for a while before the affect would kick in. and i dont know if thats because the affect was recording or something but it was always fairly finicky to me :/ but it looks like you got it working!! thats awesome!!

Yes this definitely works but I needed to add one extra -2 beat jump right before moment where it rumps up again so it properly start's the playback from that point where the track has been stopped.

Trick is to create a timer and set a state where automation stops the track after the FX goes it's full sweep (because TTFX doesn't work with stopped deck)
    Then set a beatjump to jump back the track for the amount of time the TTFX is engaged. TADA

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast