Use different MIDI channels for each controller. The only way
    Thanks for the answer

for the work ahead

Tech Wizard

(sad smiley after treatment with cmdr)

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by TakTraum View Post
    Hehe true story it's a fantastic tool but I mean I'll have to check what channels are used or not and I got 12 controllers now :r

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TakTraum View Post
    Gotta love cmdr - it's a godsend!!!

Tech Convert

Is this possible to do with the F1? I got the Generic Midi that routes the signal back to Traktor up and running. I got it to count the beat and turn off and on a button in Traktor, but I don't understand how I can use this for, and together with, my F1 map, let's say just to make a modifier-clock that changes modifier 1 from 0 to 1 with every beat? My map is listed as a Traktor.Kontrol.F1.User map, and I can't change the in-port to None, like the tutorial said, without it changing the out-port. When I create a new generic midi map I can't set either ports to the F1, I only get to choose All Ports or the Virtual Midi. I have set my F1 to midi-mode in the settings. I am only experienced with creating user-mode maps for the F1, so I don't really understand much of this.

Right now I'm stuck with using the Generic Midi re-routing to flip on and off the loop in Traktor, then, by using the modifier condition "is in an active loop", turning on and off an LED on the F1. But I can't convert that into changing the value of a modifier on my F1 map. But there has to be a better way! What am I not getting?
    Last edited by atleof; 12-28-2016 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by atleof View Post
    What am I not getting?
    This only works with midi and F1 User Map works with HID protocol.

So you would have to copy all command mappings from your User Map and then add new Generic MIDI Device where you can paste all those commands and re-map them.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    F1 User Map works with HID protocol.
    Thanks a lot! But how do I get the new Generic MIDI Device to map onto the F1? Like I said, the F1 never shows up in the drop-down list for in- and out-port, only "none", "All ports" and "loopMIDI port". I can open up the NI Controller Editor, and when I push buttons it register it, but when I open Traktor and switch to MIDI-mode by pressing Shift+Browse it won't register it. The little ctrl light doesn't blink. In the preferences the MIDI Mode Type is set to MIDI mode, so I don't understand why it won't pick it up! If I create a new user map it finds the controller fine.

I'm just a small-time dj at a student-pub in Oslo, but I have made a pretty cool F1 map, and I would really like to add some cool light shows and automated effects, but getting the MIDI rerouting to work is key to this, unfortunately.
    Last edited by atleof; 12-29-2016 at 05:45 AM.

Do you use PC by any chance? And do you have some other MIDI app running at the same time with Traktor?

Tech Convert

I am on a PC, but I'm not running any other midi-programs, that I know of. I tried restarting the laptop, but it still didn't work. The Windows Device Manager says no drivers are installed for the F1, but I guess it doesn't need it to work with Traktor, since it works perfectly in default- and user-mode. But the moment I press shift+browse, the pads change to the default orange colour, but no inputs are registered by Traktor. If I run the Controller Editor at the same time, it picks up the button presses and blinks the little "out" light in the top right corner. If I press shift+browse and go back to default mode, Traktor picks it up again and the Controller Editor disconnects.

Driver is required though. Try installing newest driver that can be found on NI drivers and downloads section. Hopefully that fixes the issue for you.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast