How to solve this bug?
    Tech Guru

Default How to solve this bug?

traktor bug.jpg

This happens with some tracks, I analyse them, cue, test, mix and then close traktor, when I open it again the track has no waveform (the one that shows the entire track).

I tried to solve this throwing the track on Ableton and exporting it as a new WAV track, but, mysteriously, the track still doesn't have the little waveform! Even when I export it with different names.

How do I solve this?
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Try locking the file in Traktor before closing Traktor. This is supposed to save things such as cue points, etc. Why it would not show the whole wav is beyond me, but it's worth trying to see if it's at least a workaround.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Which version of Traktor. I seem to remember this was an issue in an earlier version where the stripe was not shown.
    If you have imported a new version of the track it will not reference the waveform from the previous version.

Reanalyse it and then load another track. Traktor writes the stripe information when a track is unloaded.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    Try locking the file in Traktor before closing Traktor. This is supposed to save things such as cue points, etc. Why it would not show the whole wav is beyond me, but it's worth trying to see if it's at least a workaround.
    Yeah, I already do this with all the tracks, I can't figure out what's the problem, really.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Reanalyse it and then load another track. Traktor writes the stripe information when a track is unloaded.
    Wow, that worked, thanks!

Do you have that kind of info on Traktor Bible? I mean, it would be cool to buy this kind of info, "how to deal with the known bugs".

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

It's not a bug... It's how Traktor works and always has. It writes the tag information when the track is unloaded. It's like iTunes updating tags when the track is played.

Not sure if it's in the Bible - it's just something I know from way back.

Glad it's sorted.