Traktor is unstable. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have used both, Serato Scratch and Traktor for hundreds of gigs and never ever had one single crash (first Macbook Pro late 2007, then Retina Macbook Pro late 2013). A friend of mine had the exact same setups and had crashes and problems all the time.

The difference in this case was, that I put a lot of effort into maintaining a proper system and I read a lot about optimizing your setup and he is the kind of sloppy, try and error guy. Whenever he had "crashes" and "problems" it took me about 5 minutes to fix it. Wheter it was a quick run through his traktor preferences, some switched cables or broken/dirty needles.

This is why I think that 98% of all problems with Traktor and/or Serato are from human error and not from the software.

Tech Wizard

Have you simply tried to turn your latency up a little bit?
    That was my issue for a while, when I switched to the newest Traktor.
    Somehow my controllers had a little less latency after the update, wich caused my xone4D's soundcard and macbook to crash.
    Turned it back to the latency I was used to and Tadaaa (Tadam) it worked again.
    I must agree with you that the latest Traktor got a little bit heavier to handle, but that can't be the problem, I run on a mid 2012 13" macbook pro, and with the old traktor I was roughly using 10% of my CPU, and it now raised to 15% max..

I always run a small test before a gig wich is very effective.
    Just turn on 4 decks (or 3 and a remix deck even better) turn on 3 FX decks and route all tracks to them and start selecting the 4th FX deck like a mad man! This takes pretty much all Traktor can do.
    (I also turn on everything in ableton but bladiblabla)
    If it crashes turn your latency up a bit.

Also if your using a USB Hub make sure it's a powered one. And never ever put the soundcard your using (in or outside a mixer/controller) in the USB hub, but I guess that wasn't your problem..

Make sure your USB-MIDI cables are all right, having a broken one causes major crashes with traktor.

99 out of 100% of all crashes is caused by just not checking your gear/ settings before a gig.
    Love it when it all comes together.

Tech Wizard

Look, here's the issue:

I keep having USB dropouts on immaculately maintained gear, and immaculately maintained Macbook Pros. I consider myself a Traktor "power user," and am a huge advocate of the software, until these mishaps occur.

WiFi/Bluetooth is always off. Cables are always new/high quality (gold tipped ones or the ones that come included). No other programs running in the background. Both 15" MacBooks have been made after 2013, one with Retina display and one without. The issue has persisted from 10.8 until 10.9.4 (what I'm currently running).

Yes, I have scanned for corrupted files using the recommended utility from Native Instruments. I have been using a Traktor Kontrol S4 MKII (multiple units) each time, minus once whenever I was using a Komplete Audio 6 to route audio because I was afraid that it was an S4 specific issue. It exists across both platforms. The devices always have external power hooked up to them.

Yes, I have had full system diagnostics ran on my Macbook to ensure everything is running properly.

I'm at wits end. Native Instruments suggested (the tech support's personal opinion) that the Haswell chipset is still unstable in my Macbook Pro and that being that I use Traktor 30 hours a week on average, that I may be best off rolling back to an older model Macbook Pro that lacks the Haswell chipset that could possibly be causing issues every so often.

I was okay with this and ready to accept it until I looked up my previous serial number that was on my last Mac and found out that it had an Ivy Bridge chipset, and I still had audio dropouts occur.

Now, I'm back to square one. The representative even told me that I use Traktor a lot more than most people and that my case is a little unique for that reason. Perhaps there is still some incompatibility with USB 3.0 that surfaces every now and again? I'm okay with downgrading...I just want my software to work.

Another possible option is that I have some very corrupted data somewhere in my computer, even though I've scanned religiously for corrupted audio files, that is causing the software to malfunction and has carried over between platforms.

To reiterate: these issues only flare up once every 6 months or so. Recently, it has started happening way more often, like once in every 30 hours of use.
    Progressive/Electro/Tech/Deep House DJ/ Producer from Pittsburgh, PA.

Tech Wizard

More issues: Traktor Z2 outputted distorted audio for 2 minutes before power cycling this past weekend, followed by a subsequent audio drop out.

Mac OSX 10.8.2/2011 Macbook i7/Traktor 2.6.8

All recent drivers installed. WiFi/Bluetooth off. All devices externally powered. All optimizations suggested by Native Instruments done.

THOUGHTS? [Ticket#2014112410006974]
    Progressive/Electro/Tech/Deep House DJ/ Producer from Pittsburgh, PA.

There is something rotten in NI at the moment.
    How about you complain on every single thread in the whole internet about how bad NI treats you...?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12