Looking for pop songs around 135BPM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Looking for pop songs around 135BPM

This might be a strange question as most people here hate pop and top40, but plowing through all the hitlists isn't working for me so I'm hoping you guys might have some suggestions...

I'm looking for pop tracks in the 135BPM range as I'm trying to find some music to go with two tracks I currently play out a lot around that BPM. These are the tracks:

Anything between 132 and 138 is appreciated

That should be a fairly easy task could check top 100 and find a few likely

Tech Mentor

That's the problem, can't really come by charts that have BPM set out, and the current top 100 doesn't carry much of this right now...

Easy. 67-68 bpm
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Easy. 67-68 bpm
    but but but

eurodance haha

Tech Wizard

Lady Gaga - Applause
    Bruno Mars - Locked Out Of Heaven

Both those are more like 140 but can be nudged down into the mid 130s without being noticed too much.

Macklemore - Can't Hold Us

A little trickier because it grids above 145, but no one would dance to it that fast. I'd take it down when it was out. I still use a bit of it at times - just the chant and chorus with a bit of rap (and never above 135).

Cupid Shuffle is still hugely popular in many of the clubs I DJ in - even with millennials. It's also in the mid 140s but can be taken slower without any side effects.

Banned

Have you tried looking for remixes of the stuff?

Amy Winehouse - Rehab. I was going to throw that in a mix for fun, thinking it would be slower if anything, which would fit with my slower, deep house kinda stuff I like to mix. But nope, it's in the low 140's if I remember correctly. Might be too fast for ya.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

There's a lot more Pop music at the 140 - 160 range. It's because the 'jaunty' double beat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast