Have you ever...............
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Have you ever...............

been playing music and looked at your music software then your mixer and not seen anything moving then realize 20 seconds later that the music is coming from your browser.

Post your DJ faux pas and goof ups here if you dare lol.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Drunken crossfader confusion. Gets me every time.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Hate it when you cant find out where the music is coming....
    www.rueychingchen.com
    https://www.facebook.com/michael.rcchen
    Technics MK5K + Traktor Z2 + KRK RP5
    Mac Book Pro 2012 13"
    Traktor Kontrol S4 MK2

Accidently pressing cue on wrong deck & the occasional incident of mixing a tune in only to realise the channel fader is down
    DJ, Producer, Radio Presenter & Tutor
    Win8 64bit / TP2.6.8 / Ableton / Maschine
    S4 / X1 / F1 / Z1 / Maschine Mikro / Midi Fighter Twister / Akai Mini Mk2 / Boss FS-5U
    Twitter: @joegrime
    www.soundcloud.com/joegrime // www.mixcloud.com/joegrime

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGrime View Post
    Accidently pressing cue on wrong deck & the occasional incident of mixing a tune in only to realise the channel fader is down
    I've pressed cue on a playing track quite a few times :|

I thought I was done with that phase until I did it a couple weeks ago.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

gotten angry at a mixer because you thought it was broken when trying to use effects but then realized that the effects were selected to a specific channel and not master output.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGrime View Post
    Last week during a gig, I told the DJ before me not to press the wrong cue button as a joke... 2 songs after I took over, I pressed the wrong cue.

Tech Mentor

I haven't made too many fuck ups myself, other then accidentally cueing the wrong cdj (tho the On Air status of the CDJ2000's linked into the DJM900 helps with that. CDJ platter turns Red when the channel is "live").

But working in a nightclub doing lights beside the DJ booth every weekend for 2+ years now, I've seen quite a few things.

Dj's computers dying cause they didn't plug in the charger. not realizing the CDJ was on Reverse mode. Pulling out USB sticks during a changeover (that's why I rock SD cards now after too many noobs pulled my stick out mid song). having crossfader turned on and not realizing why sound is only coming out of 1 channel on mixer. leaving the flanger effect on for 5+ minutes not realizing because they were mixing in headphones and not cueing the master channel. having Tempo Reset button turned on the CDJ and wondering why the tempo fader isn't working. having Master Tempo turned on the CDJ when using serato timecode and wondering why it keeps jumping around the track slightly. I've also seen a DJ duo almost knock his partner out by accident thrashing hard at the drop of a song.

Quote Originally Posted by robbyluca View Post
    Last week during a gig, I told the DJ before me not to press the wrong cue button as a joke... 2 songs after I took over, I pressed the wrong cue.

Accidentally hitting cue point 1 on the active deck ... doh!

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast