Help! Need some advice on mixer to speakers
    Tech Convert

Default Help! Need some advice on mixer to speakers

Okay so I recently picked up a set of technics sl 1200's, I have had these in the past alongside a djm 800 and M audio studio monitors. At the moment I just have the technics and I bought a middle range numark mixer. At the moment I cant afford something in the range of the studio monitors and want to buy a cheapish set of speakers to do me in the meantime while I save up for something more professional. With only using the studio monitors in the past im not very aware on what other speakers I can use. Is it possible to connect the RCA outputs on the mixer to a standard hifi with a speaker wire output? I've looked online and seen there's adapters that connect the two but I would rather know if its possible before going ahead with it. Any advice on this would be extremely helpful!!

Welcome to DJTT

Short answer: Yup (I do it)
    We connect the XLR outs from our mixers to our powered speakers, and the booth or rec out to either a separate sub or a hifi system all the time.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Are they passive or active speakers?
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Convert

Around the house at the moment I have standard computer monitors with a 3.5mm jack output and I also have a pair of technics hifi speakers with a wire output. Pretty sure they're both passive speakers. I can pick up a better set if needed but is it possible to use either of these in the meantime? I do plan on getting the studio monitors asap but I'd like to be able to put my decks in use until then

Tech Guru

Just connect them to the receiver then.

You can use computer speakers as well if you've got the adapter.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Convert

Just a simple adapter like this for the computer speakers?

http://img.misco.eu/resources/images..._1600x1600.jpg

Thanks. this has been a great help. Thankful I can use these sooner haha

Tech Guru

Male on the other end.

Tech Convert

Okay, will pick one up. Thanks for the help!