CDJ 850 / DJM 850 - Proc's & Con's? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If the clubs by you are vinyl only, I don't understand why you'd want CDJs. Look for a set of used tables and practice on those.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    If the clubs by you are vinyl only, I don't understand why you'd want CDJs. Look for a set of used tables and practice on those.
    they ahve CDJ's obviously, but what I mean is that they cna be thorough bred hipsters.

there are zero record shops in my city, closest one is probably a 2hr drive. If it was turntables, it would be DVS route but I'm not a massive fan.

i started on tables, went to controllers, and i'm not gigging out mostly with CDJ's (with timecode) and DVS. my opinion, nothing feels better than turntables. but sometimes they aren't practical for what i do. CDJ's, if my timecode goes out, i play off cd's. if your DVS goes for shit, you're done. i enjoy playing off cdj's, if you use anything long enough, you build a workflow for it, and it becomes second nature. just practice and get good. i use the DJM850m i think it's rad. great mixer, i got a brand new one for $1200 shipped in canada. steal of a deal. best of luck with what you choose!

Quote Originally Posted by andrewg798 View Post
    If it was turntables, it would be DVS route but I'm not a massive fan.
    Why aren't you a fan of DVS?

Tech Mentor

DJM850 is a go. But I would rather buy second hand CDJ2000's instead of new CDJ850's though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12