Anyone ever use a Digitech Whammy pitch shifting pedal?

Default Anyone ever use a Digitech Whammy pitch shifting pedal?

My cousin was telling me about the digitech whammy pedal, and he mentioned that it could change the pitch by a few octaves. It also can be controlled via midi. I got to thinking, and it sounds like it could be very expressively used while scratching. Has anyone ever messed with one?
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

I know tool uses them often enough; but they favour the Bass Whammy, because it's got a setting the red/guitar one didn't; +5th/+1octave...maybe something like that.

i never thought of this kinda thing until that Ean video, with the Boss pedals ( I used to own the exact two delay/comp ones!!!). The whammy pedals spook me a bit though; as even all the way down it's pitch shifting (on at least some settings). I don't know how clean the bypass is either (digitech affiliated guitarists tend to love their distortion).

You could order one off ebay, but they're pretty expensive for curiosity sales (IIRC). For a cheaper go (for scratching), try a Wah-wah pedal. Boss used to make a killer one that ran distortion/wah and a couple presets; V something or other was the name. About $100 used.

EDIT:
    V Wah P10. that's the name.
    Three kinds of way, a drive knob, and a range knob. GL finding a cheapie; I saw 50-100 on ebay just now

I've been asking some of my guitarist friends what pedals they use, and it seems alot have been going the digital route. I'm going to see if I can convince one of them to let me borrow theirs. I'm wondering if some of these can accept a midi clock from traktor and time the fx accordingly.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1