Midi Mapping Question Ableton Live 9

Default Midi Mapping Question Ableton Live 9

Hello there!

Does anyone know of a way to map a single fader to a specific parameter on a slicing preset?

I want my MPD 18 fader to control the transpose knob in my custom slicing preset. I want to be able to only control the track that is armed.

For example, if I slice a drum sample using the preset and then a piano sample I want the fader to control the transpose knob for both instruments but never at the same time. I only want them to be adjusted when the track is either selected or armed.

Also I would like to assign the same fader to the tempo control if at all possible.

The idea is to be able to play and "tune" samples on the fly.

I've looked at ONE which is a cool tool but I'd want to be able to only have to select the instrument for my fader to target it's transpose macro. I want to make this a default setting or assign a shortcut so that I can instantly play anytime I slice something.

Also I'm on OSX 10.7.2

Thanks!

Tom Hanks

Default Bump!

Quote Originally Posted by Pretzel View Post
    Hello there!

Does anyone know of a way to map a single fader to a specific parameter on a slicing preset?

I want my MPD 18 fader to control the transpose knob in my custom slicing preset. I want to be able to only control the track that is armed.

For example, if I slice a drum sample using the preset and then a piano sample I want the fader to control the transpose knob for both instruments but never at the same time. I only want them to be adjusted when the track is either selected or armed.

Also I would like to assign the same fader to the tempo control if at all possible.

The idea is to be able to play and "tune" samples on the fly.

I've looked at ONE which is a cool tool but I'd want to be able to only have to select the instrument for my fader to target it's transpose macro. I want to make this a default setting or assign a shortcut so that I can instantly play anytime I slice something.

Also I'm on OSX 10.7.2

Thanks!

Tom Hanks
    Bump!