Permission to set up a youtube channel for DJ's

Default Permission to set up a youtube channel for DJ's

Hello,

Could someone help me out with the permissions / required approvals to start a youtube channel where DJ's would come and play a set, playing a set for about 60 mins or so . They will be using music made my producers across the globe .

is this ok to do so ????

Can i give the respective artists ( music producers) credits on my channel ? Is that enough ?

why youtube? There are tons of sites out there that are meant for djing. mixlr is one.

Quote Originally Posted by atontheproton View Post
    why youtube? There are tons of sites out there that are meant for djing. mixlr is one.

This channel is backed up by a "sponsor" , need a recognised website in the INDIAN region. and youtube is a website which is known to everyone .

I was aware of other broadcasting options. Thank you though.

I'm not sure of the ins & outs of it but I would imagine you'd run into copyright issues sooner or later- I even recall one of the Pioneer DJ Sounds show mixes on Youtube having the audio muted for the duration of a specific track due to copyright infringement.

I don't know the size of your operation or level of contacts but if the official Pioneer DJ Sounds channel can still get mixes flagged/muted then I don't know how you'd legally overcome this.
    https://www.facebook.com/ekmobile.entertainment / http://soundcloud.com/dave-eden
    2 Denon SC2900, Denon Dn-x1600, 2 Vestax PDX2000mk2, 2 Technics 1210, Stanton SK6, Gemini SA600mk2, Pio HDJ1500, 2 Synergy CD2000 (antiques)

You have your point , i was expecting too run into a few copyrights issues sooner or later.

So, i had a few solutions to this issue.

a) When a set is put up on youtube, id ideally put up the track list and and beatport link where the audience on the channel and buy the track

b) Individually mail artist and get a approval from them, well this is gonna be a long procedure .

Im also trying to avoid the main stream music on the channel , "EDM" genre . mainly the channel will be broadcasting DJ set playing Deep house/ tech/ techno/ Acid house/ etc etc.

Wish i had more knowledge or direction to take this ahead .

Thank you for your inputs

Quote Originally Posted by autopilot View Post
    b) Individually mail artist and get a approval from them, well this is gonna be a long procedure .
    Change Artist to Label and yes, it will be a long procedure.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Han View Post
    Change Artist to Label and yes, it will be a long procedure.
    Was considering that option, thanks for he advise.

any suggestion for top 10 record labels under the following genre's

1) Deep House
    2) tech House
    3) techno
    4) Nu- Disco
    5) Psy trance
    6) Break Beat
    7) EDM

????