Traktor internal mixer sync with midi mixer

Default Traktor internal mixer sync with midi mixer

Hello,

I'm (sometimes) using a Behringer CMD-MM1 midi mixer to control the Traktor Pro 2 internal mixer.
    My problem is that if the commands on the controller & inside traktor mixer aren't set to identical value,
    I've to move them all to "synchronise" values.

Is there a solution for this problem ? Maybe a midi command is available to send all the pots & fader values at once to traktor ?

Thanks in advance

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Unfortunately there isn't an option in Traktor's MIDI mapping that accepts information from any controllers. Thing's that this kind of functionality lives inside of NI controllers and their native mappings.

It's a really annoying problem.
    Is it possible to emulate the NI protocol (NHL?)
    maybe a soft between Traktor and the controller which convert
    midi to NHL ?

Tech Mentor

I donīt believe it is possible to convert midi into NIīs NHL protocol.

in case (for example) your faders on the controller are set to a different value than your virtual faders in traktor, you can use the soft takeover function. then your faders will move the virtual faders when the values match.

MacBookPro 11,1 | i5 2,4GHz | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD
    MacOSX 10.15.x | TraktorPro 3.x | VCI-100 SE FW 1.4 | VCI-400 SE (EGE)

Tech Wizard

Yea you can try by looking at the soft take over function in all your mappings.

What you also might try, is mapping a useless modifier to a button, and then give every fader and rotary you want to sync a modifier condition.

For example:
    Choose a button which you don't really use on the controller.
    Map a modifier (1 for the example) to a button 2 times, 1 having the modifier condition: modifier 1 = 0, make it a hold button, and make it set the modifier to 1, then the second modifier you have on the same button should be like: modifier 1=1, hold, set to 0.
    If you got this correctly you have made a simple hold modifier, which changes to 1 when you hold it.

Now set every fader/ rotary you want to sync up with your controller, to modifier condition m1=0

Now you'll notice that when you release to modifier button and it changes back to m1=0 all the faders and rotaries jump to the values of your controller.

Note: Turn of all the soft take overs when you do this or it will not work.
    Note2: Do not set the faders/rotaries to modifier condition m1=1 or else your faders and rotaries won't work when your not holding the modifier button.

Hope this is what you were looking for.
    Love it when it all comes together.